Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page Description/Text blob contest

+3
ignite444
DragonTamerChris
Rebsingh
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest Empty Front Page Description/Text blob contest

Post  Rebsingh Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 pm

You know how websites have text blobs that describe the site and make them look magical and make you wanna join? Well ours is kinda... bad. XD I made it, and I'm not a good writer. Can someone make one? It has to be 2 paragraphs - 6 or 7 paragraphs long. XD Paragraphs have to be atleast 4 sentences.

Post them as replies to this topic ^^

Last edited by Rebsingh on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest Empty Re: Front Page Description/Text blob contest

Post  DragonTamerChris Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

I'll help but first: can you give me an example of what a diffrent sites text blurb is? owo
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest Empty Re: Front Page Description/Text blob contest

Post  Rebsingh Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:I'll help but first: can you give me an example of what a diffrent sites text blurb is? owo
Dragon cave has one, and magistream has one. I really like Magistreams, it makes it sound mysterious and you have to join XD
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Ok... *goes to check magistream to see what rebs is talking about*

I'll edit this post with a text blurb once I figure out what it is but I think I know what it is...

Edit this is from magistream:

You find yourself at a mysterious stream. Floating down it are beautiful eggs, unlike any you've ever seen or heard of, decorated with odd scales and extraordinary colors. Some are already hatching, and you can see hints of what they might become. The water glows, almost beckoning you forward, and the trees seem to lean inward, as if by some enchantment. You have made an amazing discovery, and wish you could take an egg or two. These rare eggs can be raised into adults, if nurtured and raised well. If grown to adulthood, they can become beautiful and potent allies for any magi.
Magi are magic wielders, students and teachers from all corners of the world, who spend their time traveling to distant lands, learning and experimenting in all forms of sorcery. Rare eggs help greatly in their travel, both in wizard wars and as steeds. Will you join the ranks of these wizards, and take on the responsibility and adventure these creatures promise to bring? Choose your own egg, and begin the journey.
Simply click one to take it as your own. Don't see anything you want? The eggs you see are automatically updated faster than you can refresh! Eggs that are no longer available will be instantly replaced with new ones. Can't seem to find the egg you're looking for? Try the shops.

That is a text blurb right? Very Happy
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:51 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:Ok... *goes to check magistream to see what rebs is talking about*

I'll edit this post with a text blurb once I figure out what it is but I think I know what it is...

Edit this is from magistream:

You find yourself at a mysterious stream. Floating down it are beautiful eggs, unlike any you've ever seen or heard of, decorated with odd scales and extraordinary colors. Some are already hatching, and you can see hints of what they might become. The water glows, almost beckoning you forward, and the trees seem to lean inward, as if by some enchantment. You have made an amazing discovery, and wish you could take an egg or two. These rare eggs can be raised into adults, if nurtured and raised well. If grown to adulthood, they can become beautiful and potent allies for any magi.
Magi are magic wielders, students and teachers from all corners of the world, who spend their time traveling to distant lands, learning and experimenting in all forms of sorcery. Rare eggs help greatly in their travel, both in wizard wars and as steeds. Will you join the ranks of these wizards, and take on the responsibility and adventure these creatures promise to bring? Choose your own egg, and begin the journey.
Simply click one to take it as your own. Don't see anything you want? The eggs you see are automatically updated faster than you can refresh! Eggs that are no longer available will be instantly replaced with new ones. Can't seem to find the egg you're looking for? Try the shops.

That is a text blurb right? Very Happy
Yea. It tells you about the site and draws you in. It makes the site sound like the best. Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

I can come up with one from my mind that isn't a direct copy of MagiStream's, but similar in style. I'll go type it in an editor then post it.

EDIT: Here it is. XD

As you step over the threshold, you suddenly find yourself in an odd, but wonderful world filled with many magnificent creatures. However, this world seems... Divided for some reason. There appears to be four different nations that each hold a different array of animals particular to that nation. This certainly seems to peak your interest. You examine each nation and come to find that every creature is born from an egg. Each and every egg is unique in their shape, color, and size depending on the species. Suddenly, you are hit with inspiration! Many of these animals have yet to be seen by outsiders and you want to provide the opportunity for those outside to see these magnificent beasts. What better way to do that than to start a zoo?

Before starting, you ask yourself "What nation do I want to represent?" All of them are equally amazing with amazing creatures within them, but which to choose? Do you want to affiliate with the Fire Nation, where the beautiful and mysterious Dragon presides to heat up your zoo? Perhaps the Earth Kingdom with the powerful and sturdy Badgermole is more your forte? No? Then perhaps you would prefer one of the four Air Temples, where the loyal and intelligent Sky Bison roams the sky? Maybe the snow and ice of the two Water Tribes with their swift and speedy Otter Bear catches your interest? Whichever you choose, be sure to choose well and carefully.

Now that you have chosen your nation, it is time to expand your zoo and make some cash! There are many places for you to explore to collect creatures. You will then proceed to hatch and breed your animals to expand your zoo even further!

The quest is simple, but the journey is harder. Will you be able to fulfill your dream of having a complete zoo filled with every breed of creature? Only you can answer that question by starting your own Avadopts zoo and taking that journey.

I don't know about you, but I like it. XD
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I like it ignite. Very Happy

This is mine:

This is the wide and vast land of avadopts. You see many different creatures in the many different zoos owned by the variety of people. There are 4 major nations in avadopts. They are the fire, water, earth and air. Each nation is very different in a lot of ways. Some ways you heard that the nations were different is there are many different creatures in them. Each of the creatures in these nations come from an egg that could be almost any shape. From a square to... something you can't quite identify. You also find that there are a lot of places to explore within the nations and people with fire, water, earth and air in the respective locations.

Not only are those the only things you can do in the huge world of avadopts, but there are quests where you can get rare creatures. Another useful place to go to is the small island called the “black market” where you can do some things like buying exotic creatures or buy ancient artifacts. Ancient artifacts can be quest markets to odd gender changing potions. But there is another very notable thing about the black market. It is the trading post. In the trading post you can buy creatures sold by other users with GP (gold pieces) or sell your own and try to get some money to buy the ancient artifacts and exotic creatures.

Now from all this, you must be excited with this. But you may be asking yourself, “How do I start my adventure”? Well first you have to click “register” but I’ll give you some tips about starting. When you start, you have to click a nation you want to start in. This probably will be a difficult decision, the 4 different nations, (fire, water, earth and air) each have their own starter creatures. The fire nation has the fierce dragon that comes out of a beautiful golden egg; you would probably like these creature if you like “strong” looking creatures. The water tribe has the sleek otter bear that comes out of a striped black egg; you would probably like this creature if you like “cute” but “tough” creatures. The earth kingdom has the strange but strong badger molde; you qould probably like this creature if you like “strange” but “interesting” creatures. The air temple has the furry and big sky bison; you would probably like this creature if you like “ big” and “furry” creatures. Also, what role will you play in this journey? Will you want to collect all the creatures or would you like to help achevie the goal? Maybe you want to help people get a rare starter creature or, just to play the game and decide while you journey through the interesting world of avadopts.

Do you like? It took about an hour to make (mostly thinking of ideas and how I should set it up) so I hope it is good. Very Happy
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Not bad, not bad at all my friend. Smile
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 pm

ignite444 wrote:Not bad, not bad at all my friend. Smile
Ifnite, yours doesn't explain all about the game. DTCs does but it isn't pulling me in. I like your style of writing, ignite. If you can incorporate and fuse yours and DTCs, it would be perfect. Both will get credit and GP prize
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Hm, I can edit it, but not tonight, it will have to be tomorrow I'm afraid.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 pm

LOL, I remember mystic on avadopts chat saying ignite and I should fuse our text blobs.

I feel kind of honored that you guys like it. Very Happy
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Actually, I can edit it right now, I wasn't expecting to get back on tonight.

Fuse it...? Hmm... I'll make 2 copies, one with my own words, and a fusion and see what one is liked best. Or, I can just incorporate both into one. The only thing mine is missing is the game info, so I might just do that... *Ponders*

Feh, I'm horrible at combining, so I just basically used what you did and played around with the words.

As you step over the threshold, you suddenly find yourself in an odd, but wonderful world filled with many magnificent creatures. However, this world seems... Divided for some reason. There appears to be four different nations that each hold a different array of animals particular to that nation. This certainly seems to peak your interest. You examine each nation and come to find that every creature is born from an egg. Each and every egg is unique in their shape, color, and size depending on the species. Suddenly, you are hit with inspiration! Many of these animals have yet to be seen by outsiders and you want to provide the opportunity for those outside to see these magnificent beasts. What better way to do that than to start a zoo?

Before starting, you ask yourself "What nation do I want to represent?" All of them are equally amazing with amazing creatures within them, but which to choose? Do you want to affiliate with the Fire Nation, where the beautiful and mysterious Dragon presides to heat up your zoo? Perhaps the Earth Kingdom with the powerful and sturdy Badgermole is more your forté? No? Then perhaps you would prefer one of the four Air Temples, where the loyal and intelligent Sky Bison roams the sky? Maybe the snow and ice of the two Water Tribes with their swift and speedy Otter Bear catches your interest? Whichever you choose, be sure to choose well and carefully.

Now that you have chosen your nation, it is time to expand your zoo and make some cash! There are many places for you to explore to collect creatures. You will then proceed to hatch and breed your animals to expand your zoo even further!

Your journey will take you across the globe, where you will encounter pirates who will sell you items and animals to help you on your journey, complete quests to gain more creatures for your zoo, come across a lonely little island that contains nothing but a shack where others leave creatures they no longer want, and a Trading Post where you can buy and put your creatures on the market.

All of this sounds exciting and fun right? To start your very own journey, simply register with the "Register" button and be sure to input and check your e-mail to get started and rise to the challenge!

The quest is simple, but the journey is harder. Will you be able to fulfill your dream of having a complete zoo filled with every breed of creature? Only you can answer that question by starting your own Avadopts zoo and taking that journey.

Last edited by ignite444 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  snowfirez Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 am

this is mine =)

You accidently stumbled across a beautiful, estranged world which was obviously divided for some reason. After further inspection, you then realized that it was divided according to the four elements, fire, air, water and earth. While exploring this alienated place, you found out that it was inhabited by many unusual, magnificent creatures, each creature distinctly representing a particular element. You could also see many colourful, oddly shaped eggs lying about the place.

Somehow it occurred to you that you should share this wonderful discovery with the rest of the world. After pondering for some time, you decided to build a zoo to house these magnificent creatures for the world to see. Before you begin, you have to register your zoo but which element should you represent? Would it be the fiery fire nation alongside a majestic dragon? Or would you rather represent one of the serene air temples with a wise, gentle sky bison? Or does the incredible, agile otterbear appeal to you to represent one of the water tribes? Or do you prefer representing the mighty earth kingdom flanked by a robust badgermole? If you're already a zookeeper, login to enter your zoo and view your creatures.

Once you’ve start your zoo, it’s time to get busy! There are mysterious places to explore, quests to accomplish, creatures to collect and gold pieces to earn. You also found a secluded island where ruthless pirates, rumoured to own many weird and exotic items dwell. Itching to own your very own rare creatures? Visit the pirates at the black market and they may be willing to part with their wares for a reasonable price or you could try your luck in getting a cheap bargain at the trading post. What are you waiting for? Expand your zoo and show off your creatures to the world! If you need help in quests or just feeling bored waiting for your creatures to grow, visit the forum for useful tips and news.

i suggest putting links to the particular pages for the words i underlined
just suggesting *shrugs*

p/s: i got kinda worried before posting mine (some of the words/sentence resembles ignite444s') but i asure you that this is 100% my original work and i did put in a lot of effort to get it done, anyway i did not read anyone's text when i was writing mine (only read it when i was about to post mine up) so any resemblance is merely a coincidence (i dont have good vocab!)

Last edited by snowfirez on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : missed out some details (gets kinda frustrating when i only remember them after i off my comp! happened a few a times now, kept on on-ing and off-ing my comp =.=))
snowfirez
snowfirez

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Great minds think alike I guess, lol.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  snowfirez Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

i was actually considering about the which-nation-to-choose-thingy [2nd paragraph, 3rd line]
should it be representing a particular element?
or is it better if its "where do you want to build your zoo?"
or "which nation would you join?"
well i don't really know Rebs original plan/concept

and also about the critters as well.. [3rd paragraph, 2nd line]
how should it be...
should it be HUNT for creatures? (hunt seems cruel >.<)
or CAPTURE creatures? (also cruel lol)
or is COLLECT the best word?
ADOPT maybe? (but then the critters should be abandoned or smtg, that's why you adopt right?)

just asking for suggestions Very Happy
any comments and critics are welcomed...
its my 1st time actually writing smtg like this anyway
i'm a lousy spriter so i guess this is the least i can do to contribute to the site lol!
snowfirez
snowfirez

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 am

Can't answer the first one since I can't really tell you. >.< I would use collect or adopt for the second one.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:45 am

Dunno if it's been closed yet, but I'll try my hand at this again xD

It's strange that one fateful night, you lay on your bed, unaware of the world around you, drifting off to sleep, when a dream floats into your mind. It's an odd dream--very odd. In your hands lay a map of lands that you may or may not have heard of, divided into four sections. Glancing over the old parchment, you can see each section represents an element: the Fire Nation, Water Nation, Air Temples, and the Earth Kingdom. Slowly, before your eyes, the lands gradually change in a way you can't explain, as if things were moving apart, but coming together, yellow smudging into blue, red blurring into brown. Then, suddenly, it's as if a tunnel is sucking you into the map. With nothing to hold onto, you have no choice but to face your fate.

But instead of falling into the ground, as expected, you appear to be in a dark void. Unidentifiable things float around you, merging and separating: spirits of the map, you seem to think. There are voices, but they aren't distinct. After a moment or two, you can catch bits of what they are repeating over and over again.

"Are you... Willing... to join... the world of... the Avatar...?" they whisper ever so softly. "If so... You must... choose an allegiance..." Bewildered, you cross your legs in what seemed like air, sitting on nothing at all. "Dream... Will... Become... Reality..."

Will you enter a world full of things unknown, meant only for you to visit? Or will you back out, thinking it's a silly dream, and return to the land of awakening? The choice lies with you.

*After they register and they are choosing the starters"

"You... Choose to... Enter...?" the wispy spirits whisper. They sound pleased. You nod to them--any of them, really--and brace yourself for something to happen. Suddenly, four images appear before you: symbols representing fire, water, air, and earth float in mid-air right in front of you.

"You must... Choose your... Allegiance..." And then the spirits seem to separate into four groups. They are chanting, "Join... Our... Nation!" You feel your hands tingle towards each of them, but you know that your choice come from the heart, not the hands. Finally, you raise on finger, your eyes on the element you so desire. A whooshing sensation can be felt throughout your body and you realize you aren't in the void; you seem to be in some kind of land, and in your hands, is an egg--your first creature.

There. I'm not sure if you'll like it. It's 12:45 AM, and I should really be getting to bed xD (but I'm so darn hungry).
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 am

It's nice but in opinion, I get kind of creeped out from that text blurb. o.O
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:It's nice but in opinion, I get kind of creeped out from that text blurb. o.O

Me too. O.O

Hey Rebs, you gonna come around and post your opinion on these yet?
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 pm

ignite444 wrote:
DragonTamerChris wrote:It's nice but in opinion, I get kind of creeped out from that text blurb. o.O

Me too. O.O

Hey Rebs, you gonna come around and post your opinion on these yet?
I like the fusion of yours and DTCs so far.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 pm

So how long is this contest going to go on for exactly? I'm curious.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:49 pm

ignite444 wrote:So how long is this contest going to go on for exactly? I'm curious.
Idk....
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm

*Snorts* Hm... How about until November 15th. Or, to make it special, the 24th, my birthday. XD
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Creepy! Yay! xD *is happy* Wasn't going for it, but I think Halloween's influence... xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofseas Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Should we have a blurb for each nation as well?
lordofseas
lordofseas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next