Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue with Buying somebody's dragon

3 posters

Go down

Issue with Buying somebody's dragon Empty Issue with Buying somebody's dragon

Post  SilentSkieBlue Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Heya, I've been saving up to buy an otter bear and a male dragon--which both average 20k--and I just so happened to find a couple that I could afford both--yay, right?
Well, apparantly I should've bought the adult dragon first, because now I'm egglocked with four Caricon and my Otter Bear egg, and it won't let me buy this wonderful, childless male dragon, despite the fact that he is a roaring level 70 adult.

I really, really hope this is a glitch and not something intended, because it's kind of a pain to be stuck like this, all because of the order I bought them in. I figure the dragon'll be gone before this gets fixed, but...well, I'd like to not have to wait until another egg hatches before I get ahold of a dragon, because it takes an obscenely long time for me.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Issue with Buying somebody's dragon Empty Re: Issue with Buying somebody's dragon

Post  ignite444 Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 am

Unfortunately that is the way Rebs has it set up I'm afraid. If you are egg locked, you are unable to buy hatchlings and adults from the Trading Post. Personally I am not a fan of this idea and wish he would do away with it.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Issue with Buying somebody's dragon Empty Re: Issue with Buying somebody's dragon

Post  seranata Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:03 am

Idea for you...

Get the abandoned page loaded in another window, and the trading post page with the dragon you want on a second window, then in a third window have your zoo. Drop (abandon) one of your Caricon with the lowest clicks, click on the trading post window buy the dragon, click on the abandoned page and refresh it and adopt back your caricorn. It /should/ still be there, many people don't visit that page often as there aren't many things in there usually. And I would think many people have their limit of Caricorn by now. Worst case is someone else picks up the caricorn before you get back to it and you have to go back to the water tribe map and pick up a new egg and start getting clicks again.

seranata

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 am

seranata wrote:Idea for you...

Get the abandoned page loaded in another window, and the trading post page with the dragon you want on a second window, then in a third window have your zoo. Drop (abandon) one of your Caricon with the lowest clicks, click on the trading post window buy the dragon, click on the abandoned page and refresh it and adopt back your caricorn. It /should/ still be there, many people don't visit that page often as there aren't many things in there usually. And I would think many people have their limit of Caricorn by now. Worst case is someone else picks up the caricorn before you get back to it and you have to go back to the water tribe map and pick up a new egg and start getting clicks again.

Haha, thanks, that actually worked. It's at least a temporary solution, but I do hope Rebs changes that at some point.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  seranata Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:11 am

bwhahahaha, I actually just watched you do that! After I posted I looked at your zoo, saw you were egg locked. Clicked on your eggs to help a bit and when I came back you only had 3 Caricorn eggs. I was like ??? Then I refreshed again and you had another red dragon and 4 Caricon eggs again.

Glad it helped, having the eggs not lock you from buying things would be nice, but sometimes dropping and catching again isn't so hard to do.

seranata

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down