Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest Issues

4 posters

Go down

Quest Issues Empty Quest Issues

Post  Vanyel Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Vanyel wrote:Um so is it just me or are the quests really confusing. So far I have -
Clicked on an island of the Water Tribe and got this message
You see the legendary iceberg from the coast of the earth kingdom. How would you get there without getting lost?
Clicked on an island of the Earth Tribe, found a cave and then an Ancienct Earth Coin.
Clicked on an island of the Fire Tribe, found a cave and then an Emerald amulet. Also showed a little broken picture sign underneath message.
Clicked on some water in the Earth Tribe, and got a message . . .won't post it so I don't spoil anything.

Are these all different quests or is it one quest? If it is one quest how in the world is it connected. All of this seems really really really random with no direction . . .other than the last part at least it give you a quest to look for something.

My starter creature is the Sky Bison.

Also found the lion turtle, I clicked that I dare to go into the cave (first time there) and it said
"I have already gifted you for your efforts. Thank you."
I read about the double clicking thing so I made sure NOT to double click or click it twice. My first time there so he didn't already gift me nor was there anything new in my Zoo.

I'm guessing that most of this is not normal so I figured it would be best to let people know.

Vanyel

Back to top Go down

Quest Issues Empty Re: Quest Issues

Post  frozendreams Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm not sure but i think the glitch is problly bing caused by the fact you gathered the items befor visiting him, Thats how i hear it after reading your message you went to the items first and then to the lion turtle befor he even asked you to get any thing.

frozendreams

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

frozendreams wrote:I'm not sure but i think the glitch is problly bing caused by the fact you gathered the items befor visiting him, Thats how i hear it after reading your message you went to the items first and then to the lion turtle befor he even asked you to get any thing.
If this is true, then this is probably what happened to me.
Mayhaps areas should be opened/linked to/unlocked after you start the quest... To prevent this from happening to others?
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  frozendreams Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:24 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:
frozendreams wrote:I'm not sure but i think the glitch is problly bing caused by the fact you gathered the items befor visiting him, Thats how i hear it after reading your message you went to the items first and then to the lion turtle befor he even asked you to get any thing.
If this is true, then this is probably what happened to me.
Mayhaps areas should be opened/linked to/unlocked after you start the quest... To prevent this from happening to others?

yea that would be a good idea.

frozendreams

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonpatric Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:25 pm

I agree with phazon, and I have the Exact same problem. I visited before starting and double-clicked
dragonpatric
dragonpatric

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanyel Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Perhaps that is the problem. I did gather the items BEFORE visiting. I wish there was more clear direction on how or where to start a quest. Basically all I understood was to click randomly on islands till I found a quest so I found the items first and him last. The only reason I found him at all was because someone helped me. I like the idea of quests and working for a rare creature but when you have no idea what you are doing it's just frustrating. Having a clear starting point for quests is not a bad thing so long as the quest itself is what the challenge is.

Another point that is confusing is what things go to what quest. Is the Ice island a different quest? What about the water one where I'm suppose to look for an egg?

I agree with locking certain points on the map till you receive proper instructions. If the coin and amulet caves were sealed till after I spoke with the lion turtle that would have made more sense. From what you have told me it seems that if you find him first he actually tells you to go look for these items.

I know this site is still pretty new so hopefully this helps iron things out.

Vanyel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down