Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebra Goat

+3
SilentSkieBlue
DemonAshley
DragonTamerChris
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zebra Goat - Page 2 Empty Re: Zebra Goat

Post  ignite444 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm

I like the adult quite a bit. Very Happy
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 am

Probably still in need of work, but eh. I can't see anything to fix right now, so I better take a break, come back later and see what you guys think.
Zebra Goat - Page 2 Zebragoat
I get what you were saying about the bone structure, and I hope the shading makes it more visible and less jelly-like.
Shaded the back legs, changed the back leg & face of the S2 (I couldn't shade it without it looking lame) made S1 and "egg" infant.

I'm also thinking about making dimorphic adults, because male mountain goats usually have bigger horns than females, or the females have none at all. Not so sure about hatchlings, though.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 am

Looks nice so far. =3

Can you make the infant bigger, like almost the size of the hatchling? It seems like it is way too small for a zebra and a goat's baby. o.O
Descriptions:

Infant: "A cute little mammal is wandering around. It has the stripes of a zebra." (I'm thinking infant descriptions could have something like a "A cute little mammal is wandering around at the beginning or something like that.")

Hatchie (1): "The little mammal has grown a lot bigger and has starting to grow horns. It can also walk on four legs now."

Hatchie (2): "The mammal has gotten even bigger and has gotten a lot more stripes on it's body. The horns on it's head are also getting a lot bigger. It's even growing a tail! Maybe it will be an Adult soon..."

Adult: "The Zebra Goat is a very valuable creature to the Air Nomads. They use these Creatures to help with their nomadic herding but what they are even more useful for to the Air Nomads is carrying packages or important things up the Mountains of the Air temples. The stripes on the Zebra goat are nearly identical to one another unlike normal Zebra's. If a Zebra goat has a very strange stripe pattern it is considered very rare and can be worth a lot of money."

Fell free to edit those descriptions however you want, or make completely new ones.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:53 am

Oh very nice. :3 I do agree though, make that first hatchling a little bigger.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 am

DragonTamerChris wrote:Infant: "A cute little mammal is wandering around. It has the stripes of a zebra."

Hatchie (1): "The little mammal has grown bigger and has started to grow horns. It's steadier on its feet now." (Because it was already wandering around before… It can’t just be just walking on four legs now.)

Hatchie (2): "The mammal has grown even larger and there are more stripes on its body. Its horns are also growing. Maybe it will be an adult soon..." (All of a sudden growing a tail doesn’t make sense. I think it would be born with a tail.)

Adult: "The Zebra Goat is a very valuable creature to the Air Nomads. They are used for herding but what they are even more useful as manual labor. Zebra Goats can carry important packages or items up the mountains of the Air temples. Unlike ordinary zebras, the stripes on these creatures are identical to each other. If a Zebra goat has a strange stripe pattern it is considered rare and can be worth a lot of money."
Description edits in bold. I also removed a few unnecessary words, and fixed punctuation where needed.

I'm thinking I like the pose of the S2 hatchling now. -nods- Seems a bit more natural, I think, though the far hindleg seems a bit small despite the perspective. The infant stage could do to be a bit larger, yes. If we want to go proportional to the adult, that's definitely not the right size... But I thought that's what we're looking for. The infant just seems too small. There's not much there to help members figure out that it's a zebra goat. It looks like a brown-striped white blob to me.

The legs on the S1 seem to be in the right pose, but placed very oddly. They don't look like they fit on the sprite. It might be because they look too large... Or too thick. And here's a few pictures because I'm sucking at explaining what I mean.

Zebra Goat - Page 2 Zebra_knp-0265_blog

Zebra Goat - Page 2 Nature%27s_window_csg008_zebra_foal

Zebra Goat - Page 2 Laying-down

Zebra Goat - Page 2 JackLayingDown

Zebra Goat - Page 2 Ws-goat-010-twinks-13
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:35 pm

I think I see what you mean with the S1 legs, I re-visited the egg-hatchling, which still needs a bit of shading before I can call it done, (It's the new small one on top) and started on a potential dimorphism sprite. I could be female or male--I left off the horns in case it's picked for female, but it could have smaller or larger horns depending. They're not too hard to put in, but it looks a lot more like a zebra without them.
Yes, the S2 hatchlings leg is a little further back than would seem normal, but it's supposed to be angled. Have you ever seen young animals walk? They wobble all over the place, and this guy's supposed to be looking over his shoulder as though he was just frolicking and heard something suspicious behind him.
Also, just incase you were confused, they do have tails all the way through, but the first two stages have them curled around their legs. A lot of pictures had baby zebras doing that, and I tried to mimic it.
Zebra Goat - Page 2 Zebragoat
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Hmmm... I guess I can see it, with the S2 sprite, but I still think it looks odd to me. The size of the two hind legs, and the assumed distance that they are at in the sprite doesn't seem to match up. That's all, really. Because otherwise, I love the sprite.

(That infant is so adorable, by the way. So cute. He looks like he has a bit of a dog's head, but I really do love him. -stares- ._.)
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 pm

*poke* Finally figured out how to fix the leg, I think.
Also, possible dimorphism and baby shadins.
Zebra Goat - Page 2 Zebragoattemp
I imagined the second one being female, but it is a little larger and mammals tend to have side weighted on the males, soooo...whichever way you guys think is better, or only one, because apparently Rocky Mountain goats (which are not actually goats, according to Wikipedia) all grow horns and I never read anything about size variation, though I assume males horns are probably larger.

Sooo, any comments/edits?
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:48 pm

SilentSkieBlue wrote:*poke* Finally figured out how to fix the leg, I think.
Also, possible dimorphism and baby shadins.
Zebra Goat - Page 2 Zebragoattemp
I imagined the second one being female, but it is a little larger and mammals tend to have side weighted on the males, soooo...whichever way you guys think is better, or only one, because apparently Rocky Mountain goats (which are not actually goats, according to Wikipedia) all grow horns and I never read anything about size variation, though I assume males horns are probably larger.

Sooo, any comments/edits?

Yay, the second adult looks awesome. ^^

I think the second adult should be male because it is a little bit bigger then the first one.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am

Beautiful ^^
I agree with DragonTamerChris, the second adult is much larger so it's likely that it will be the male.
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 pm

For these to be added, ima have to change the code from egg -> origin. XD That'll mean people can't login again lol but not yet XD
Amazing sprites. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 am

Well no worries there, since we don't need to implement these before we run out of other creatures.
Though if you'd like, I can make an egg as back-up.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum