Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debates Forum?

3 posters

Go down

Debates Forum? Empty Debates Forum?

Post  Satyr76 Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Right now, most of the threads in GD are lighthearted. However, as the forum grows, people will most likely post more serious topics. As debates can get out of hand quickly, it would be easiest to put them in their own section or subsection. They would need a stricter set of rules. I made an example of a set of rules for a debate section. Don't feel obliged to use it, it is just an example:

Debates can get pretty heated, and can easily get out of hand. These rules may seem strict, but they will hopefully cut down on drama.

- Be respectful. Treat others as you want to be treated

- Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To quote many great mods, "Attack the post, not the poster."

- Please be mature. Immaturity will not gain you respect.

- Do not spam. Your post must have something to do with the topic.

- This is not needed, but you will gain more respect if you use good grammar and back your opinions with facts.

- If a topic starts to get out of hand, there will be a verbal warning. If the drama continues, punishments will be given out.

- Do not discuss s**. Mentioning it is okay, but do not go into detail.

Some examples of debates are gay rights, religion, and gender identity.
Satyr76
Satyr76

Back to top Go down

Debates Forum? Empty Re: Debates Forum?

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 am

I think that can fall into General Discussion. 8/

Sure it's lighthearted, but like yous aid yourself, more people will come over into the forums, and besides, General Discussion pretty much covers a lot of stuff not related to the site, as well as games and such.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 am

While it's a good idea, I don't think we really need one until debates actually start to crop up, or actually get out of hand. Until then, this fairly small forum can deal with it just fine. I'd rather not spread out the forums too thin, because it's a mental thing: lack of posts in a forum or subforum makes it looks inactive.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down