Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pricing Guide

+3
DragonTamerChris
Mineya
ignite444
7 posters

Go down

Pricing Guide Empty Pricing Guide

Post  ignite444 Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Have you had your creatures in the Trading Post for some time now without them being bought? If so, you probably have them priced way too high for people's taste. I'm here to help you through my experience with selling and buying creatures.

Now, there are three types of creature:
  • Common - These type of creatures are everywhere on the map. (Toucan Puffins, Platypus Bears, etc...)
  • Uncommon - A little harder to get, but still easily gettable. (Canyon Crawlers, Screeching Dodos, etc...)
  • Rare - The hard-to-get creatures. (Starters, event creatures, quest creatures...)

Now, let's get pricing!

1) Common creatures are obviously very easy to get and therefore should not be overpriced. Here is a guide for the stages: EGG: 20-100, 1st STAGE: 100-200, 2nd STAGE: 200-300, 3rd STAGE: 300-1000. Anything over these prices usually do not sell.

2) Uncommon creatures should be sold closely at the same prices as common creatures. EGG: 50-250, 1st STAGE: 250-450, 2nd STAGE: 450-700, 3rd STAGE: 700-2000. I've seen some waaaaayyy overpriced creatures in this group.

3) Rare creatures is where it gets tricky because there are three types of rare creatures at this point: Event, Starter, and Quest. However, this is the basic guideline: EGG: 20000-45000, 1st STAGE: 25000-50000, 2nd STAGE: 35000-60000, 3rd STAGE: 65000-100000. Usually, anything over 100000 does not sell. You want to base your prices on these factors: How easy they are to obtain, how many people have them, what is needed to obtain them, and level/gender/stage. Sea Serpents, for example, is easily obtainable for everyone since nothing is really needed for it. The prices for this creature should be lower than harder-to-get creatures. Spirit Koi, for example, are rather hard to obtain, and thus should be higher priced. See what I am getting at? Good.

Now, the gap between 2000 and 20000 is a free range. You can price anything you want between that range, but unless it is a rare creature, not many are gonna buy anything in it.

Seriously people, no one is going to pay 20000 for a Sea Raven egg. Remember, be smart. You want an example of how well things will sell if you price them right? Well, I sold a female Black Dragon, stage 2 for 35000. Boom, it was gone. I priced a female, stage 2 Lion Turtle for 45000. Boom it was gone. See what I am getting at? A lot of the creatures I see sitting in the Trading Post are way above 100000, and they have probably been there for some time.

Now, this is just a pricing guide, not a I-demand-you-sell-this-at-this-price type of thing. This is just to help you successfully sell. Smile
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Pricing Guide Empty Re: Pricing Guide

Post  Mineya Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Don't forget to note the difference between foundation creatures and lineage ones! Foundation creatures (ie. no parents, "caveborn" or rather "landborn", if you will) are usually more prized than creatures with a lineage. The exception to this is rare or valuable lineages of whatever kind, but the site isn't really old enough to have that yet.

I saw a lineage starter pet in the Trading Post for the same price as a foundation egg of that same creature in the Black Market. Now, I would DEFINITELY go to the Black Market and pay that price for a foundation creature if those were my only options, particularly with the gender potions that allow us to decide for ourselves what the gender will be.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Hm, didn't take that into account because I don't particularly care about lineages, lol.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Most people don't, that's the point. XD
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Actully right now linages are more treasured. (except for starters and quest creatures)
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Well, I used a starter creature in my example, that whole thing about a lineage starter creature being overpriced in the BM. Could you be more specific about lineages being valuable otherwise? :o
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:36 pm

They are valuable right now because most people only have "landborn" creatures.

Also: I sold a canyon crawler adult for 5,000 GP in like 7 hours.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:They are valuable right now because most people only have "landborn" creatures.

I mean, can you give an example? Because I know I (personally) wouldn't pay any money at all for a creature that I could easily pick up from the map, see what I mean? But if there are a bunch of users who collect lineage creatures, then that's definitely relevant to the pricing guide!
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  greydragon Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:53 pm

is 50000 to much for a male black dragon?

greydragon

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

greydragon wrote:is 50000 to much for a male black dragon?

Is it an adult? If so, then no. It's a tad under priced, but you may have better luck selling it at that.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  calankh Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm

I sold a 2nd gen otterbear hatchie for the same price as a starter pet. It was already gendered so that may have helped. It was up less than a day. I suspect prices are going to fluctuate a bit until things settle down, but those potions are pretty expensive so it seems like having a gendered pet for sale should be worth a little more.

calankh

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:37 pm

calankh wrote:I sold a 2nd gen otterbear hatchie for the same price as a starter pet. It was already gendered so that may have helped. It was up less than a day. I suspect prices are going to fluctuate a bit until things settle down, but those potions are pretty expensive so it seems like having a gendered pet for sale should be worth a little more.

Hm, yes, gender does help as I stated in the first post I do believe.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  calankh Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm

right, i was using it as an example of a lineaged pet that sold for the same as the non-lineaged starter. I can see how (for example) one might want to pair similar lineaged pets at least as far as what's seen on the first screen. So getting another 2nd gen otter to go with your 2nd gen otter might be appealing to some people. I know it will be for me, when I start building those lineages. For now I'm selling offspring to get pairs of each starter pet Smile

calankh

Back to top Go down

Post  canine Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Me too, calankh! *high fives*
canine
canine

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:53 am

Maybe event pets could be sold a little bit more cheaper than the starter? And the event creatures have to be at least a week over the event to be able to sell at their 'regular' price.

Lineaged ones should be cheap/expensive based on generation and species, I think xD

Thanks for making this, btw. I would have started this, too, if it weren't for school xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 pm

KonayukiSpirit wrote:Maybe event pets could be sold a little bit more cheaper than the starter? And the event creatures have to be at least a week over the event to be able to sell at their 'regular' price.

Lineaged ones should be cheap/expensive based on generation and species, I think xD

Thanks for making this, btw. I would have started this, too, if it weren't for school xD

No problem. XD

I do agree with your first point wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, not every member visits the forum to read this thing.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  calankh Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:24 pm

I'd disagree. Starters can always be purchased in the black market, events can only be had at specific times. I would tend to value event pets more highly than starters. Plus, with the zombies, they aren't breedable, so you can't get more after the event.

calankh

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:45 pm

hee, true.

Then maybe the event pets could be cheaper during the event, but more expensive after a certain time passes? Starters would be cheaper, too, I guess. A bit higher than the BM ones depending on color.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum