Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komodo Rhino

+15
DemonAshley
miggyrox789
dragonpatric
KonayukiSpirit
Lirabet
PhazonDragon
Seph
Quatze
scarrie
Rebsingh
ignite444
Lunar
user560
frozendreams
DragonTamerChris
19 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Komodo Rhino - Page 6 Empty Re: Komodo Rhino

Post  Hoshiryu Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:28 pm

From the pictures that I saw it looks like the horns over the eyes point downward instead of upward. I think it looks cool too. ^_^ If you'd like to post a pic here so we can compare which we like better that'd be cool. ^_^

Ah, good idea with the eyes! I shall try a smaller set. ;D I can round out the tail too. I thought the horn in the back looked a little funny too, but I left it because the picture was that way. Very Happy I can change it too and see what everyone thinks. ^_^

Thanks! xD

Hoshiryu

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, maybe they are downward, lol.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoshiryu Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

Oh, okay. ^_^ That would've been cool if there was both. Like there was a rare Komodo Rhino with horns going the other way. xD

Okay, I tweaked at and redrew some. I couldn't get the tail to look right in the position it was in so I curved it a bit. So how is this?

Komodo Rhino - Page 6 AdultKomodoRhinoWild1

Rebs, are you okay with me tweaking the look of your sprite (since I was originally just enlarging it)?

Hoshiryu

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 am

Ooo, I like the tail like that! Very Happy

The single horn on its nose need smoothed out in the outline however.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:57 am

That tail in that position makes it seem like the creature is... defensive and protective. And unsure. Whereas, the other position of the tail was more... threatening, and intimidating. Kinda like how a dog with its tail bristled and in the air looks more threatening than one with its tail between its legs.

I'm also thinking that the eye should be more black than white. Beady, black eyes. The white makes them stand out more, and look larger.

I don't think I'm liking the new horns either. The one on the nose needs to be smoothed out a bit, but the ones above the eyes are just... Eh. I feel like those should be a bit longer... More pointy, and at a different angle. The angle on the original image makes the head out to be about 3/4 facing us. In this sprite, the head is nearly profile. The horns should be reflecting that, instead of at a weird angle that they are in now.

I'm thinking the ears look a bit odd too, but it just might be the head that is differently defined than the one in the original image. :/
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenshibby Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

holy crap the progress here is amazing! dang keep up the nice work.

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Dragon Rider Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:48 pm

I love the tail the way it is, it looks alive; like the rhino is moving it.
PhazonDragon: I thought the same thing about the ears, until I looked at other pictures.

Last edited by Wind Dragon Rider on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ears)

Wind Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Magickoi Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Hoshiryu wrote:Oh, okay. ^_^ That would've been cool if there was both. Like there was a rare Komodo Rhino with horns going the other way. xD

Okay, I tweaked at and redrew some. I couldn't get the tail to look right in the position it was in so I curved it a bit. So how is this?

Komodo Rhino - Page 6 AdultKomodoRhinoWild1

Rebs, are you okay with me tweaking the look of your sprite (since I was originally just enlarging it)?
Beautiful. The slimy-scaly texture makes it very real. I really like his defensive pose, which just makes him seem more like a rhino.
Magickoi
Magickoi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum