Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quests involving the other starters?

4 posters

Go down

Quests involving the other starters? Empty Quests involving the other starters?

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, two of the quests require you to have a dragon to get to. Considering how much time a non-fire nation member would have to put in to get enough GP to buy a dragon, could I put in a request for quests that revolve around the other starter creatures, meaning the otter bear, flying bison, and badger mole?

Now before you jump down my throat, yes, I know that there's the possibility that Reb already has some of this planned. If that's the case, fine, no need to get snappy, just say so and everyone lives.

If not, then I'd love the option for some quests that don't revolve around the fact that you selected Fire, and received a dragon egg. I already planned to get a dragon, but to be frank, I don't have the time to sit here and click on creatures to gain GP all day. I have other things I would like to do with my freetime on the internet. Not to mention that the prices in the black market are crazy high, but that's a different thread.

Perhaps the otter bear can take you to a special location at one of the poles, or out in the open ocean. Sky bison could take you to a special location at one of the air temples... And the badger mole could go somewhere underground? -shrugs- I'unno. Just throwing ideas out.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Quests involving the other starters? Empty Re: Quests involving the other starters?

Post  all_for_peace Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Completely agreed.

It seems a little unbalanced right now. But if Reb does have something planned that's great, even if it involves the other starters getting other kinds of quest animals. Either that, or make it so that you have to do other things to get the Lion Turtle.

Personal, I chose not to start off with the Dragon because I wanted to "show alliance" to the Earth Kingdom. That and I think I'll have a better chance of getting a rare colored Dragon by buying it from the Black Market Razz . But it will take a good while before I can buy it, and get the Lion Turtle quest. Everyone else who started with the Dragon can get the quest fairly quick, by just using a click site like HYDRA of Yarold to insta-mature their Dragon to an adult.
all_for_peace
all_for_peace

Back to top Go down

Quests involving the other starters? Empty Re: Quests involving the other starters?

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Personally, I disagree with the fact that the current quest only works with two out of four starters in the first place. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how that's fun. (Not to mention, can't an Otter Bear just swim there?) There's nothing to let people know that they're basically going to be inadvertently choking themselves later on if they happen to like Water or Earth more than Air or Fire. My vote is that the quest should be changed so that everyone can take part in it. The difficulty -- and fun -- of the quests lies in figuring out what you have to do, not in writhing around in agony waiting for these single-get rares to become tradeable. After all, who is going to want to trade the only Lion Turtle that they're allowed to get?
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:22 pm

I like the fact that there are certain quests you can only do if you have a certain starter, or even a certain creature for that matter, but as of now, it's one-sided against us Earth and Water kingdom choosers. As long as all the quests are eventually available to everyone, then I'm not going to complain... But having dragon-only quests isn't something to look forward to. That's a lot of GP to gain, and I don't have all the time in the world.

Say each starter had four quests that are associated with it. Even out the numbers, so that no matter which element, everyone has a chance in the long run. You can start working on four quests, and while doing so, you gain GP to buy the next starter creature, and work on those quests. And this repeats until you have all the starter creatures, and have finished all the quests.

As opposed to having the same quests be accessible by all, no matter the starter. Because, how in the world is a badgermole going to get to an island in the middle of the ocean?

Yes, the fun in a quest is figuring out what to do, but that can easily be done in addition to having multiple quests per starter.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 pm

I see what you mean. Multiple quests would be great either way, and anything that gives us better chances of getting multiple starters is definitely an idea I support, even if it's difficult, because I can't really see any quest being as difficult as getting enough GP for the Black Market right now (unless that's part of the quest, in which case, cries). Multiple quests to accommodate each specific starter would also be easier than altering the Lion Turtle quest to explain possible access with a badgermole. Hurr. (Maybe they TUNNEL UNDER THE OCEAN)

Anyway, yes. Like this. Stamp of approval.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Guys, there are already quests being made for the Otter Bear. one will be made for the badger mole. Just hold your horses.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Reb, PhazonDragon said up there that if there were quests already in progress, then obviously that's the point. You can't expect people to read your mind.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:Now before you jump down my throat, yes, I know that there's the possibility that Reb already has some of this planned. If that's the case, fine, no need to get snappy, just say so and everyone lives.
^

I know Reb. I was putting the idea out there on the off chance that you didn't think of it/don't remember/totally forgot/etc. If you already have plans, that's fine.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down