Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross-Account Breeding

+6
Mineya
all_for_peace
PhazonDragon
user560
frozendreams
ignite444
10 posters

Go down

Cross-Account Breeding Empty Cross-Account Breeding

Post  ignite444 Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 am

I got the idea from Order of the Griffin and the fact that real zoos do this, I think. How about being able to send breed requests to other users? This would be something to do to get those rare animals in numbers for those who like to collect (like me). It could cost GP to do of course cause I'm sure it does cost real zoos money to bring in an animal from another zoo for breeding.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Cross-Account Breeding Empty Re: Cross-Account Breeding

Post  frozendreams Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 am

I agree there should be a option put up for requesting breeding to other creatures from some one else's accounts.

frozendreams

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 am

I like your idea ^^
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:24 am

I wouldn't mind cross-breeding, unless I get a million requests for my badgermole. XD
But either way, I'm in favor of it. -nod-
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Of course you could always deny. Razz Not too many have Badgermoles, so no fear for you, lol.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  all_for_peace Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Actually PhazonDragon has a female badgermole and I have a male, so bow-chika-wow-wow tongue

But I kid, lol. I think this will be a great idea. That way, we don't have to rely on our own animals and can better work together as a community to get special linages and whatnot.
all_for_peace
all_for_peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 pm

I actually threw this up in the Uses for GP thread, because another adoptables site allows users to pay other users in order to breed with their creatures. It's quite awesome, rather than putting all the effort into raising a highly-skilled couple, you could just raise the female, and shop for the male.

So yeah, I'm definitely on board with this idea! Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Mineya on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Yeah, I can deny requests, but wouldn't you get annoyed with clicking 'deny' on breeding requests for an hour? :P

-hides her badgermole from All-
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:35 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:Yeah, I can deny requests, but wouldn't you get annoyed with clicking 'deny' on breeding requests for an hour? Razz

-hides her badgermole from All-

That could be a use for the fogging. Very Happy Or Rebs could make something that will allow us to not accept requests when we don't want them.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofseas Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Who gets the egg? After all, only one egg gets produced through a single breeding.
lordofseas
lordofseas

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 pm

lordofseas wrote:Who gets the egg? After all, only one egg gets produced through a single breeding.
I'd say the person with the female does (because the female would want to care for her offspring. Maternal instinct and stuffs). And if they don't want it, then they can pass the egg on to the owner of the male. Something like so? The owner of the female gets this message after breeding. Owner A has the female, Owner B has the male.

"You successfully bred these two to produce an egg! Would you like to keep it?
Yes / No"

If yes, then the egg is kept in Owner A's zoo, and all Owner B gets is the standard breeding message, probably with an added line of "the female kept the egg"?

If no, then the egg is dropped from Owner A's zoo, and is taken in by Owner B. Owner B then gets a message the next time they log in/the next page they view saying "Your male decided to keep the produced egg"?

Of course, this is just all an example. No need to use this exactly.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 pm

I like Phazzie's idea.
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  kazamagirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:24 am

lordofseas wrote:Who gets the egg? After all, only one egg gets produced through a single breeding.

I'd say whoever "paid" for the breeding.
kazamagirl
kazamagirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:48 am

kazamagirl wrote:

I'd say whoever "paid" for the breeding.

That was my thought as well. Why pay for it if you aren't going to get the egg?
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:09 am

In that case, then exactly who is paying for it? Is it whoever wants to fork up the money at the time? Because if it is, I can see people abusing that and always paying for it, just to hoard the eggs... Of course, rejecting the offer comes into play, but then you don't have anyone trying to breed between zoos, and this whole suggestion is moot.
Well, that's a bit extreme, but the point still stands.

So who would pay? The offerer? The offeree? /makes up words. I agree that whoever pays should keep the egg, but I also think that the owner of the female should pay... Because of the motherly instinct thing I touched on before. The egg needs to be taken care of, so that would be the female's job. Even though we're easily taking care of them, the female would still have that instinct...

Ugh... I swear I could have a longer and more in-depth response, but I'm not feeling in the mood for one. XD So, there's my opinion.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 am

I think that the owner of the female should pay. It's easiest that way, since it makes sense for the egg to go automatically to the mother. That way the father's owner gets GP, the mother's owner gets an egg, and trade also increases because it'd obviously mean more money/eggs if you had more of the parents. (If the father's owner gets all "well hey I wanted the egg too," then, that's why he/she should work out a trade for a female hatchling, so in the future he/she gets to keep the egg as well as getting money for other breedings.)
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 am

Mineya wrote:I think that the owner of the female should pay. It's easiest that way, since it makes sense for the egg to go automatically to the mother. That way the father's owner gets GP, the mother's owner gets an egg, and trade also increases because it'd obviously mean more money/eggs if you had more of the parents. (If the father's owner gets all "well hey I wanted the egg too," then, that's why he/she should work out a trade for a female hatchling, so in the future he/she gets to keep the egg as well as getting money for other breedings.)

Sounds fair, although I still don't agree. Whoever pays for it gets the egg, the GP then goes to the requestee. All the eggs in the zoo are taken care of by us, so it shouldn't matter.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 pm

ignite444 wrote:
Mineya wrote:I think that the owner of the female should pay. It's easiest that way, since it makes sense for the egg to go automatically to the mother. That way the father's owner gets GP, the mother's owner gets an egg, and trade also increases because it'd obviously mean more money/eggs if you had more of the parents. (If the father's owner gets all "well hey I wanted the egg too," then, that's why he/she should work out a trade for a female hatchling, so in the future he/she gets to keep the egg as well as getting money for other breedings.)

Sounds fair, although I still don't agree. Whoever pays for it gets the egg, the GP then goes to the requestee. All the eggs in the zoo are taken care of by us, so it shouldn't matter.
Ignite, I like your idea. Short, simple, sweet. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Why thank you Rebs!
ignite444
ignite444