Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May I join, please?

3 posters

Go down

May I join, please? Empty May I join, please?

Post  Koby-Winter Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 pm

My sister has a complaint-request-thingy.

I formally request that you ask for an email address upon registration at Avadopts.com.

The reason for this is that my family has more than one Avatar fan that would be interested in joining. However, after hearing about the site from my sister and trying to join, myself, I was notified that, "You are not allowed to create multiple accounts." I assume the site used our IP addresses to identify us, and since we live in the same house, we are ID'd as the same "person." This is quite disheartening, and would not be an issue if emails are used instead of IP addresses. I would also not have to speak through my sister, since I would have my own account and could then register at the Avadopts forum, as well.

Please consider that I am not the only Avatar fan in the same house as other Avatar fans, and also not the only sibling of other Avatar fans in the same house, and there are about a million other situations that would result in two Avatar fans having the same IP address. I will be awaiting your response. Thank you for your time.

Koby-Winter

Back to top Go down

May I join, please? Empty Re: May I join, please?

Post  Rebsingh Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Try signing up again in a couple of minutes.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorne Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Thank you very much! ^_^

Will this work for similar cases?

Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Thorne wrote:Thank you very much! ^_^

Will this work for similar cases?
I just wiped your IP from the DB. If people request for another account for a family member, I'll make an exception until someone abuses it and tries to make an account just to get a different starter or something.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down