Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome

+4
UBFunkaneer
Mineya
RegalMonkey
Rebsingh
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome Empty Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome

Post  Rebsingh Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:29 pm

I was thinking that there could be some quests where you gain money.

Also, if your creature is like over level 100, you could "battle" and gain more money and with this money, there will be an island where there are shops (That I make and stuff) and then you can buy some exotic rare creatures from the black market. No shops or items or anyhting, just for creatures. What do you think?
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome Empty Re: Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome

Post  RegalMonkey Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Money sounds like a good idea, like the Copper -> Silver -> Gold

I think it should be when your animal becomes an adult it's allowed to battle, but the lower leveled the animal is the less chance it has to win.
Will exotic animals include the starters as well? I would like that lol. (I had another suggestion, but we can leave it at this for now)
RegalMonkey
RegalMonkey

http://www.ho-ohrealm.net

Back to top Go down

Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome Empty Re: Black Market, Money, Money quests, and Battledome

Post  Rebsingh Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm

RegalMonkey wrote:Money sounds like a good idea, like the Copper -> Silver -> Gold

I think it should be when your animal becomes an adult it's allowed to battle, but the lower leveled the animal is the less chance it has to win.
Will exotic animals include the starters as well? I would like that lol. (I had another suggestion, but we can leave it at this for now)
Maybe. I actually might not want to add a battledome system, too much work and hassle :S

But the black market is a definite yes. Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 am

I wouldn't quite be on board with a battledome personally, but a black market sounds awesome.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  UBFunkaneer Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 am

They both sound good to me.
UBFunkaneer
UBFunkaneer

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:14 am

But what would we do with the items we obtain? For example, that cabbage man that is notorious for his smelly stuff, and say, we buy a cabbage... What would we do with it?

I think a battledome system would be hard to do. I wouldn't suggest it.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 am

KonayukiSpirit wrote:But what would we do with the items we obtain? For example, that cabbage man that is notorious for his smelly stuff, and say, we buy a cabbage... What would we do with it?

Not money for items. Money for creatures. on the black market, pirates would be selling rare and exotic creatures that are not in any of the nations. Smile And the only way to get money is to do some quests and random other stuff.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yulerule Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:43 am

My idea is that you could buy the starters of other nations on the black market, maybe the higher leveled your creatures are, the easier it will be to get rare creatures on the black market.

Yulerule

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:44 am

Yulerule wrote:My idea is that you could buy the starters of other nations on the black market, maybe the higher leveled your creatures are, the easier it will be to get rare creatures on the black market.
I am not with you on the higher leveled your creatures are thing..... but sure, you can buy starters for a lot of money. I'll try making the system now. It might not be released for a month though.

And then when you level up creatures, you can get like 5 GP and then when you obtain a creature you can gain like 10 GP. Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seph Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 am

Is there a way for me to see how many GP I have?
Seph
Seph

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Rebsingh wrote:
KonayukiSpirit wrote:But what would we do with the items we obtain? For example, that cabbage man that is notorious for his smelly stuff, and say, we buy a cabbage... What would we do with it?

Not money for items. Money for creatures. on the black market, pirates would be selling rare and exotic creatures that are not in any of the nations. Smile And the only way to get money is to do some quests and random other stuff.

Oh... xD But I still suggest the cabbage man there. :l Oh! Oh! If there's pirates here, can we perhaps buy some waterbending scrolls and a quest will open up?! That'd be so cool xD Or out of the blue, a random Hawky from the Fire nation gives us a scroll for firebending... and so on xD

... I'm so off-topic. :/

Wait, but what rare and exotic creatures would be sold, that isn't in all four nations? :/ All the nations have their own creatures, but if we were to make it up... >:]

EDIT: can we maybe change the description when getting the gold? Plus, I think it'd be easier to get copper instead, to follow the money system of Avatar. Just a suggestion. Then we can set up a bank somewhere on the map to exchange for silver pieces, then to gold. But I think that would be hard to code... .____.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Pirates could sell reptile birds, for one thing. ^^

Just as a thought, shouldn't the site focus on the many, many critters that the Avatar series already provides, before making up new ones? I love the idea that people will be able to use GP to buy the signature creatures from the four nations; and boy do I ever want an eelhound and an unagi.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Mineya wrote:Pirates could sell reptile birds, for one thing. ^^

Just as a thought, shouldn't the site focus on the many, many critters that the Avatar series already provides, before making up new ones? I love the idea that people will be able to use GP to buy the signature creatures from the four nations; and boy do I ever want an eelhound and an unagi.

ooooh! <3 Reptile birds. 8DD

-ahem-

Yeah, that's true. .___. But then, we'd have to make up a story how they get those humongous unagi's onboard, or how they obtained the eelhounds in the first place. .___. xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Point. What if they sold maps to places where these particular creatures could be acquired? Places that cannot be accessed unless the map is in possession.

Or, the pirates could sell items that are used to catch these creatures. These items could even be completely worthless (because who says pirates are trustworthy), UNLESS combined with some other item, perhaps...

But when it comes right down to it, there doesn't have to be a lot of logic with adoptables sites. What are the odds that anyone would be able to possess a Lion Turtle, after all? Wink
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm

True, true xD But still, having an elephant koi or an unagi in our zoo would be great, lol. The map idea sounds nice. :3 Instead of just exploring one map, on the bottom of the explore page, there could be a link that would say, "Read the Pirates' Map" or something.

And with the items, it could be a... Uh... One-tenth of a chance to capture the creatures. And if you don't want it anymore, you could sell it to an NPC.

Oh! And the pirates can come just a few times a year, like once a month xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:52 pm

All that sounds really good to me! (I am TOTALLY on board with the elephant koi, too. Woo!)
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes! We'll build an army with ELEPHANT KOII <3 It would be soo fun. :3 And then we can make them explore with us through the water, like a Wailord from Pokemon xD And find lots of eggs and items. xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Ooh man, maybe certain eggs (or items) later on can only be accessible if you have certain fully matured creatures that can carry you to them. Like elephant koi, or the four primary ones. (Otter bears could pluck an egg right up out of a sea bed; badger moles could mine for eggies. ^^)

This is... probably not the topic for such brainstorming, now that I think about it. /tl;dr
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Mineya wrote:Pirates could sell reptile birds, for one thing. ^^

Reptile birds were at the top of my list. Wink And Konayuki, you gave me an amazing idea for the pirates coming like a couple of times a year. Very Happy Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Otterbears.... Dun remind me D: They're so cute and cuddly that I wished I could get all the starters. D:

\Amazing idea? O_o The pirates reminded me of Rockhopper from Club Penguin... >_>;; xD

xD Yeah, we could do a thread with this kinda conversation, but... xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:10 pm

This is the perfect thread for this, as we are expanding on this idea. I'm crossing the battledome idea out. I mean maybe I can add it. I have a couple of ideas in mind. Wink
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Oh, btw, I suggested something about the currency:

EDIT: can we maybe change the description when getting the gold? Plus, I think it'd be easier to get copper instead, to follow the money system of Avatar. Just a suggestion. Then we can set up a bank somewhere on the map to exchange for silver pieces, then to gold. But I think that would be hard to code... .____.

I'm not sure if you saw it or not, but just in case xD 'Cause if you want to base the currency on Avatar, then it best be like that. .___.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

GP stands for GOld Pieces and making copper and stuff would make things complicated. The money for now is only for the black market. Razz
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Ah, okay then xD

Just for the Black Market, then. :]
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 pm

KonayukiSpirit wrote:Ah, okay then xD

Just for the Black Market, then. :]

For now... Wink
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next