Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creature List

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Creature List - Page 2 Empty Re: Creature List

Post  Wind Dragon Rider on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:27 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:
Wind Dragon Rider wrote:Two more animals to add to the list
Phoenix: Weather it is a myth or a real creature is not clear, what is clear is that the fire nation is familiar with it, so I think it deserves a place on the list
Pony: Katara called Soka “ponytail guy” or something like that in one of the episodes.

A Phoenix is a myth but I think that would be a great creature for Avadopts. Smile
Katara only called sokka a ponytail guy because he had a ponytail not because there was some kind of pony in avatar TLA that had a tail that looked like Sokka's hair. o3o
If no ponies, then why call it a pony tail? Why not call it a horsetail? There HAS to be ponies! They would not just make up a random word and use it for a hair style. Why not a pony in the avatar world? They have ostrich horses and we have horses, so maybe they have ostrich ponies?

Wind Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Wind Dragon Rider wrote:
DragonTamerChris wrote:
Phoenix: Weather it is a myth or a real creature is not clear, what is clear is that the fire nation is familiar with it, so I think it deserves a place on the list
Pony: Katara called Soka “ponytail guy” or something like that in one of the episodes.

A Phoenix is a myth but I think that would be a great creature for Avadopts. Smile
Katara only called sokka a ponytail guy because he had a ponytail not because there was some kind of pony in avatar TLA that had a tail that looked like Sokka's hair. o3o
If no ponies, then why call it a pony tail? Why not call it a horsetail? There HAS to be ponies! They would not just make up a random word and use it for a hair style. Why not a pony in the avatar world? They have ostrich horses and we have horses, so maybe they have ostrich ponies?

I'd rather not have a pony since those are what horses are when they are babies, we don't have any other creature on Avadopts like that.

Creature List - Page 2 Banner1

Signature under construction...
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Dragon Rider on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:
Wind Dragon Rider wrote:
DragonTamerChris wrote:

I'd rather not have a pony since those are what horses are when they are babies, we don't have any other creature on Avadopts like that.
No, ponies are different from horses. Baby horses are foals.

Wind Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm

"Ponies" is often used to refer to baby horses, but they're also a very small and stocky breed of horse. /ninja'd.
Foals, Colts and Fillies, to be complete.

BUT they can't go making up new words just because the origin for one doesn't exist in that world--where'd they get the "horse" from ostrich horse if there are no plain horses, or labyrinth if they didn't have Greece to provide that legend? I'm going to assume that members of a parallel universe don't coincidentally all speak English and that when we watch a cartoon taking place in such a world that things spoken in English are just automatically translated. Ponies are not themselves referenced, so no, I don't think we should make them.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Dragon Rider on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am

SilentSkieBlue wrote:"Ponies" is often used to refer to baby horses, but they're also a very small and stocky breed of horse. /ninja'd.
Foals, Colts and Fillies, to be complete.

BUT they can't go making up new words just because the origin for one doesn't exist in that world--where'd they get the "horse" from ostrich horse if there are no plain horses, or labyrinth if they didn't have Greece to provide that legend? I'm going to assume that members of a parallel universe don't coincidentally all speak English and that when we watch a cartoon taking place in such a world that things spoken in English are just automatically translated. Ponies are not themselves referenced, so no, I don't think we should make them.
"Hippos" themselves are not referenced, yet they are on the list. So why can't ponies be on the list when hippos are?

Wind Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum