Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Hemoglobin?

+21
PhazonDragon
calankh
ChuChu
canine
Scorpion
blaz
user560
DarkNymfa
KAL.
Zuko
snowfirez
Magickoi
Ninpok
DemonAshley
Vampyre
lordofseas
Mineya
ignite444
DragonTamerChris
Thistle
Rebsingh
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

...Hemoglobin? - Page 3 Empty Re: ...Hemoglobin?

Post  user560 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:33 pm

There are 2 for sale now but they are very expensive
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:21 pm

I'd rather try my luck with catching them rather than buying them at those prices. D:
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

I have no luck and not enough GP xd
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninpok Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm

just bought 2 of them for only 41k, not much in my opinion.
so i have max of 3 now=]
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 pm

I haz idea.

Maybe I continue this for a week and end the red blood cells forever. But listen: There would be an owner action called Cell Cycle (Which is like breeding except asexual cause it is a cell) and the egg is autoabandoned if you already have over the limit. And you could do this action maybe once a every 2 weeks?
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Rebsingh wrote:I haz idea.

Maybe I continue this for a week and end the red blood cells forever. But listen: There would be an owner action called Cell Cycle (Which is like breeding except asexual cause it is a cell) and the egg is autoabandoned if you already have over the limit. And you could do this action maybe once a every 2 weeks?

I love that idea.

Please, do it. Very Happy
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ChuChu Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

I can't seem to find one. I don't even know when to start looking.

I agree with this.
ChuChu
ChuChu

Back to top Go down

Post  Thistle Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 pm

I think it's a good idea. But perhaps the downtime should be more? I dunno, since these creatures are supposed to be really rare...
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Thistle wrote:

I think it's a good idea. But perhaps the downtime should be more? I dunno, since these creatures are supposed to be really rare...
Yes, I agree. In the IRC today, we were talking about the downtime. It's officially every month. The drops will continue for like 2 - 3 days now, and then they will stop. I will add the owner action a little shortly after that. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 pm

That's an awesome idea. XD

PS: I now have 4 Red Blood Cells. XD If you want to know how I get them even with other users online, PM me and I'll tell you my strategy.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  ChuChu Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 pm

ignite444 wrote:That's an awesome idea. XD

PS: I now have 4 Red Blood Cells. XD If you want to know how I get them even with other users online, PM me and I'll tell you my strategy.
Four? o.O I haven't even seen one. XD
ChuChu
ChuChu

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

ChuChu wrote:

I obtained 4 but I sold 2 and gave 1 to my friend sasora. :3
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 am

ChuChu wrote:

Really? Huh.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  calankh Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Um. While the cell cycle idea sounds neat for other cells, Red blood cells are terminally differentiated and do not have nuclei. They are post-mitotic, which is to say, they do not divide. So it's a bit unrealistic*.

* I realize realism in an adoptables game based on a fictional universe is iffy at best. I mention this since you changed them from hemoglobin to RBC, and seemed to care about the biology. this wiki page is incomplete, but gives you a halfway decent idea of where the red blood cells stand in the lineage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythropoiesis In science speak, red blood cells are called erythrocytes, they are on the bottom left of that diagram.

calankh

Back to top Go down

Post  KAL. Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 pm

calankh wrote:Um. While the cell cycle idea sounds neat for other cells, Red blood cells are terminally differentiated and do not have nuclei. They are post-mitotic, which is to say, they do not divide. So it's a bit unrealistic*.

* I realize realism in an adoptables game based on a fictional universe is iffy at best. I mention this since you changed them from hemoglobin to RBC, and seemed to care about the biology. this wiki page is incomplete, but gives you a halfway decent idea of where the red blood cells stand in the lineage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythropoiesis In science speak, red blood cells are called erythrocytes, they are on the bottom left of that diagram.

this is true of mammal red blood cells, but not all red blood cells are the same, bird,reptile,fish,amphibian red cells are quite different, and even mammal rbcs can have a nucleus, due to illness, or other factors

KAL.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Well these are not human blood cells, not animal cells either. They are actually just random blood cells that are are giant and are special which go through Mitosis. Bwargh.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninpok Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Rebsingh wrote:Well these are not human blood cells, not animal cells either. They are actually just random blood cells that are are giant and are special which go through Mitosis. Bwargh.

xD

Anyway, why cant I buy as many of them as i can in the Trade Market?
thats so sad...Sad
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I have reached my limit, so I guess I can tell those of you who are having trouble getting them my secret.

- Open all 4 nations in a new tab and right click on one to refresh all of them when the clock on your computer hits XX:30. Repeat the refreshing until you find it. Smile
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 pm

DROPS HAVE STOPPED.

You may now use the Cell Cycle action to obtain more red blood cells. Cool down of 20 days. Also, if you have max amount of red blood cells, the blood cell produced will be auto-abandoned. If you don't have max, lucky you, you'll get to keep it Smile There is half a chance that the cell will duplicate and half a chance it will "flop" which means it doesn't have enough energy to duplicate. You just need to get lucky. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninpok Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:33 am

interesting, will test it now, although i have already reached the limit i think..^^

edit:
hm, i font know how high the chance is you get a duplicate, but it seems like it is a bit too high. i tried it with 2, got one. if everyone uses their lets say 3 cells to reproduce 1 there will be many in the future and they wont be rare anymore. think of the vampire dragons on DC. first i was so mega-happy that i got one. but then they got the bite thing and could transform egs into vampires. now they are very common.

just think of that. if you want this to happen of not.

Last edited by DragonTamerChris on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : note gote)
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 am

Ninpok wrote:interesting, will test it now, although i have already reached the limit i think..^^

edit:
hm, i font know how high the chance is you get a duplicate, but it seems like it is a bit too high. i tried it with 2, got one. if everyone uses their lets say 3 cells to reproduce 1 there will be many in the future and they wont be rare anymore. think of the vampire dragons on DC. first i was so mega-happy that i got one. but then they got the bite thing and could transform egs into vampires. now they are very common.

just think of that. if you want this to happen of not.

Ninpok, remember that when vampire eggs were released about 50,000 were owned before they stopped being dropped.

With red blood cells only 100 were owned before they dropped.

Also: I accidently pressed edit instead of quote ninpok for your quote the first time. XD
Sorry D:
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:31 am

You have a point ninpok. I'll make the chances lower later today. What should they be? 1/5? 1/4?

Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 am

I think the chance should be 1/4.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  ChuChu Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 am

ignite444 wrote:I have reached my limit, so I guess I can tell those of you who are having trouble getting them my secret.

- Open all 4 nations in a new tab and right click on one to refresh all of them when the clock on your computer hits XX:30. Repeat the refreshing until you find it. Smile
That's what I was doing. I still didn't get one though since I got grounded for not charging my phone. Sad

I think 1/4 sounds good too.
ChuChu
ChuChu

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Aw.. I'm glad I managed to get at least before the drop stopped. I thought they would be going for longer... -shrugs-

And the vampires are uncommon. I wouldn't call them common. :/ I mean, I don't even see them that often, despite the fact that I have an egg waiting to hatch. But if these red blood cells are supposed to be rare as opposed to uncommon then yes, changing the ratio would be a good idea. 1/4 sounds good to me.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum