Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ostrich Horse

+8
PhazonDragon
ignite444
ritadragons
DragonTamerChris
Rebsingh
Lirabet
user560
DarkNymfa
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ostrich Horse - Page 3 Empty Re: Ostrich Horse

Post  kovularonga Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 am

Woo! Decided to postpone my homework and finish these guys up. So, without further ado...
Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Hatch-1
Voila!
As well, I couldn't decide between two versions of the eggs:
Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Egg1 Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Egg2
Non-speckled (plain) or speckled. Opinions?

Before these guys are released, any changes you guys think I should make on 'em?

Also, Reb, I was wondering if you'd release these on Dec. 1 along with the others I've heard are planned to be released. Personally, I would love a three-creature drop, especially if they are all from different nations (as I think they are). Totally your choice, though!

Oh, and as for descriptions...
Egg: This egg is large and heavy, ... (plain > and seems to lack any other identifying features.)
(speckled > and has small, dirt-coloured speckles.)

Ungendered: The egg has hatched into a pale chick, though darker tones mark its back. It seems to enjoy running around on its long, sturdy legs, and is able to cover distance quite quickly.

Genedered: The hatchling has grown and now appears much sturdier, as if it may be able to carry heavy loads upon its back. It runs less often, back is still able to cover lots of ground in short amounts of time. Also, it has darkened in colour and its feathers have grown in.

Adult: The creature has grown into a full-sized Ostrich Horse, and doesn't seem to mind carrying heavy loads or people. It enjoys being able to exert itself and has great stamina, being able to travel steadily even in the warm climate of the Earth Kingdom. A great ally, this species is used by many nations to aid in all sorts of jobs as its endurance and mild nature make it a perfect companion for tough work.

If you'd like, you can re-word or suggest new descriptions ^^

Last edited by kovularonga on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)

kovularonga

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonAshley Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

i like the speckled egg.
and love the hatchies Very Happy
DemonAshley
DemonAshley

http://demonashley.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm

I like the eggs and hatchlings, but maybe you could make the speckles a little darker? I can barely see them, but I like them.

DarkNymfa

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Kekeke. Wonderful. That awkward-looking hatchling is adorable. <3
And I like the speckled egg, but do you think you could make the speckles a little darker, like Nymfa said? For comparison? Because I like it as is, but I wonder if darker speckles would look better. And not that dark either--just a few shades darker so that they are not obnoxiously standing out.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:39 pm

kovularonga wrote:Woo! Decided to postpone my homework and finish these guys up. So, without further ado...
Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Hatch-1
Voila!
As well, I couldn't decide between two versions of the eggs:
Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Egg1 Ostrich Horse - Page 3 OsHorse-Egg2
Non-speckled (plain) or speckled. Opinions?

Before these guys are released, any changes you guys think I should make on 'em?

Also, Reb, I was wondering if you'd release these on Dec. 1 along with the others I've heard are planned to be released. Personally, I would love a three-creature drop, especially if they are all from different nations (as I think they are). Totally your choice, though!

Oh, and as for descriptions...
Egg: This egg is large and heavy, ... (plain > and seems to lack any other identifying features.)
(speckled > and has small, dirt-coloured speckles.)

Ungendered: The egg has hatched into a pale chick, though darker tones mark its back. It seems to enjoy running around on its long, sturdy legs, and is able to cover distance quite quickly.

Genedered: The hatchling has grown and now appears much sturdier, as if it may be able to carry heavy loads upon its back. It runs less often, back is still able to cover lots of ground in short amounts of time. Also, it has darkened in colour and its feathers have grown in.

Adult: The creature has grown into a full-sized Ostrich Horse, and doesn't seem to mind carrying heavy loads or people. It enjoys being able to exert itself and has great stamina, being able to travel steadily even in the warm climate of the Earth Kingdom. A great ally, this species is used by many nations to aid in all sorts of jobs as its endurance and mild nature make it a perfect companion for tough work.

If you'd like, you can re-word or suggest new descriptions ^^

He's probably not going too. D:

There are currently like 5-6 other creatures that were finished before this and he wants to keep it small with the releases right now.

Though, they do look really nice, I love the eggs you made. Very Happy
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:20 pm

The release will be delayed a bit, my mom just got mad at me and doesn't want me on the computer. <.< But we'll see, maybe it won't.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kovularonga Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm

I shall try out a darker-speckled variation, and edit this post with it as soon as I'm done.

And as for the release, it doesn't much matter to me whether or not they are released with the others ^^ Just a thought, and I can see your point, DragonTamerChris. Now that they're finished I'm just eager, is all x3; And no worries, Reb! Dx Once again, I'm just eager now, and I don't want you getting in any more trouble.

And thanks for the like and love on these guys. Other than the comparison to darker speckles, though, no one can see anything else that should be changed before they are released? Anything about the mature hatchling or adult is worthwhile to know, as well (you can find them in my second-to-last post, with the un-shaded hatchling). Thanks, everyone!

kovularonga

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 am

I'm not seeing anything with the other sprites, so I think they're great. :3 Though I guess it looks like there's a bit of a texture on the beak of the later stages, the S2 and the adult, which makes it look odd... I mean, I figure a beak would be smooth, yeh? The S1 has a smooth-looking beak. It might be nice to take off the texture for the beak on the rest of the stages?
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 am

I guess I'll make an egg description and possibly a few others later.

Egg: "This egg is shiny with tiny speckles. It tends to roll around sometimes."
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:51 am

/bump

Any progress/changes made to these guys? I really like them. :3
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down