Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat Owls

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cat Owls  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cat Owls

Post  Cattious on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I do not like the "It looks very plain" part
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 pm

But it is very plain. xD

Maybe there should be a poll.

Wel, unforuntly we can't have a poll until the owner of the thread says we can have one and edits the post and puts a poll there.

Titi, what do you think, plain or what Cattious suggests?
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:32 am

Maybe "It looks very cute."
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirabet on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:10 am

Rebsingh wrote:
The platypus bear outline is black and looks fine
Because Platty is BROWN! Brown is dark. Black is good for dark colours.
TitiMiny wrote: Cat Owls  - Page 2 Catowlcopy

LOL. I'll fix depression problems with the hatchie in a bit XD
Now even I can say YAY!
Very Happy
Cattious wrote:He looks depressed.
He needs bigger eyes What a Face and bigger wings. Kittens are cute because they have eyes wide open (they're cat kids, they want to explore the world). Owls have big round eyes too.
And the kitten's pose is not the best. He looks like starfish... or... er... crucifix. TitiMiny, change the angle of the head and wings, and those wings have to be bigger. And that new kitten owl will say something like "Hey! Look! I can fly!" instead of "I'm crucified for your sins"

I looked for some kitten pictures.
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3205/lexincorp.8b/0_1a1a3_3af7e8b1_XL.jpg
http://www.playcast.ru/uploads/2009/09/28/1231114.jpg
http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/foto/b/3/974/2201974/f_11626145.jpg
See? Big eyes, wide open...
The last one can be nice kitten owl, just draw wings instead of paws Smile
Lirabet
Lirabet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Wow wow wow. Can I say something very quick, please? Lirabet, you sound very forceful and demanding. I feel like you're trying to jump down Titi's throat, and simultaneously fix the sprite yourself... It's kinda unnerving... ._. Or you're just incredibly enthusiastic.

Um, that being said...
The adult sprite looks great so far, but I feel that it could use some smoothing out. Overall, it looks a bit flat. I don't really know what's going on with the right wing (our left) though I know it's supposed to be folded over, it doesn't look that way... The left foot looks like it's standing on it's tail and the left wing looks to me like it has an anatomy problem. And the right foot doesn't look like it's supporting the weight of the body, but I'm not great with anatomy.

I feel like moving the tail up, or the foot down (or a combination) would fix the whole 'standing on it's tail' problem. The wing though, seems to bend at an odd angle, but again, I'm not an expert in anatomy... And for the shading, there seems to be a need for darker shades to give it more depth.

The hatchling sprite, I don't like as much, because it looks like... well, like Lirabet said, a bit like a starfish. I feel like a more feline pose would be appropriate here. -shrug- But that's just me.

And as for the description, why don't you like the 'It looks a bit plain' part, Cattious? I don't see anything wrong with it, myself. Because well, it is a bit plain-looking. And perhaps with the gendered hatchlings, supposing they grow feathers, the description can mention that they look interesting with their assortment of feathers, or something.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Satyr76 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I love the sprites. I can't wait to have them in my zoo.
Satyr76
Satyr76

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

I had to make my own pose because i found no good ''Cat owls'' reference, beside a sitting one.

I mainly used the picture from the wiki for the feet/legs.

Im not so great with feathery wings, but i do admit the wing to our left looks really bad. Might try fixing that if i get time.

and lol'ed at starfish hatchie.

I'll try a different pose because i didn't like it in the first place.

Any pose suggesting for the gendered hatchlings + the female/other genders?

And the problem for the eyes, you seem to tell me i have never seen a cat/kitten of my life? I might not have ''english'' as my first language, but i do know what a kit is.

Making a new ungendered, and fixing the wings.
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirabet on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 pm

TitiMiny wrote:I had to make my own pose because i found no good ''Cat owls'' reference, beside a sitting one.
I made two screenshots of flying cat owl:
 Cat Owls  - Page 2 207w3l3

Cat Owls  - Page 2 I528fd
Lirabet
Lirabet

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:34 pm

first time i see those screenies XD

Possible female pose?

And yay. tail details.
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirabet on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 am

TitiMiny wrote:first time i see those screenies XD
Because I made them yesterday Razz

I have all the episodes, so if someone needs creatures pics, I can make them.
Lirabet
Lirabet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

-flails arms- I don't mean I don't like the pose! Bleeeh. Could I redline to show what I meant? I feel like my words are being ignored.

There's nothing wrong with the details on the feet and the legs. I'm saying they look awkwardly placed with the rest of the sprite. It looks like it's standing on its tail, as opposed to solid ground, or something else. Its left wing looks like it has a bit of a problem with the bone structure, primarily where the muscles and 'arm' would be. And well, you already acknowledged the fact that its right wing looks odd, so I'll leave that be.

But the rest of the sprite looks flat. Thee doesn't seem to be enough shading and lighting to make it really 'pop' out of the screen. Right now, it looks like pixels on a screen, not a life-like being. Like Lirabet said, the black outline makes it look fake. You fixed the outline, but the shading makes the pixel look flat. If there isn't a color limit or something, then adding some different tones into the sprite would really help. I'd even be willing to help with that if you want.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 pm

I fixed a few things with the sprite yesterday.

Yes, im going to fix the shading, but look. I have school and a lot of homeworks, i wish i could work more on it but i don't have that much time..xD

Cat Owls  - Page 2 Redlines

About the shades, i can try adding more, but mainly on the whiteish/peach area and maybe extending the dark brown so i can add a darker shade.

I'll see if i can get some time tonight to fix.

TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Cat Owls  - Page 2 Catowl

Sorry for the double post...^^update
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirabet on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:15 am

I like the previous wing shape more... It has feathers, and new one is rounded like a mitten. But the shading is good.
I suppose it's not finished yet. And that strange black thing near cat's ear is the tail tip, right? Smile
Lirabet
Lirabet

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Lirabet wrote:I like the previous wing shape more... It has feathers, and new one is rounded like a mitten. But the shading is good.
I suppose it's not finished yet. And that strange black thing near cat's ear is the tail tip, right? Smile

The previous wing shape was wrong, but i can develop to add more feathers on this one.
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 am

The previous wing shape looked more like the wings of the cat owl in the picture, but you said you going to work on adding feathers? I'd love to see how that looks before trying to scrap this one.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:The previous wing shape looked more like the wings of the cat owl in the picture, but you said you going to work on adding feathers? I'd love to see how that looks before trying to scrap this one.

Well i keep getting pushed in the butt for ''oh change this and that''. Im not scrapping it, even if you hate it to death : P.

Im going to add some feathers, like i said on the new one. The old wing was the wrong color, and badly anatomized.

Any other changes before i go further on?
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm

TitiMiny wrote:
PhazonDragon wrote:The previous wing shape looked more like the wings of the cat owl in the picture, but you said you going to work on adding feathers? I'd love to see how that looks before trying to scrap this one.

Well i keep getting pushed in the butt for ''oh change this and that''. Im not scrapping it, even if you hate it to death : P.

I don't hate it to death. I never said that. I meant in a general way, that we all should at least see it with more defined feathers before everyone tries to get the sprite tossed for lack of feathers.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:
TitiMiny wrote:

I don't hate it to death. I never said that. I meant in a general way, that we all should at least see it with more defined feathers before everyone tries to get the sprite tossed for lack of feathers.

It was already tossed because people didn't like ''X'' thing on it. : p...

im trying my best to add more defined feathers..

Cat Owls  - Page 2 222ce

all i got is that...it looks lame <_<
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

TitiMiny wrote:It was already tossed because people didn't like ''X'' thing on it. : p...

Cat Owls  - Page 2 222ce

I have no clue what you're talking about, but that's not the point. I'm trying to give this sprite a chance...

I think the original shape of the wings fit better. The wings do look like mittens as opposed to wings. And in the screenshot, the original wings on the sprite matched that much better. And the shading on those wings looks to me like the only place there are feathers are along the edge, while a giant chunk of muscle is situated for the bulk of the wing. :/
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:
TitiMiny wrote:It was already tossed because people didn't like ''X'' thing on it. : p...

Cat Owls  - Page 2 222ce

I have no clue what you're talking about, but that's not the point. I'm trying to give this sprite a chance...

I think the original shape of the wings fit better. The wings do look like mittens as opposed to wings. And in the screenshot, the original wings on the sprite matched that much better. And the shading on those wings looks to me like the only place there are feathers are along the edge, while a giant chunk of muscle is situated for the bulk of the wing. :/

Like i will repeat myself: The old wing shape isn't anatomically correct. That's why it looked wrong.

But if you want my badly feathered old one so bad, i'll change it back. Then color it the right color.
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I don't understand what you're saying... The original wing shape, meaning the feathers and the basic triangle-looking shape doesn't look anatomically incorrect. It was the placement of the bones that I felt was odd, but now this second wing doesn't fit the creature in the screenshot at all. The wing on the sprite looks more like an owl's wing, but I feel that you need to add longer feathers and change up the shading a bit to make it look like the creature could actually attain flight with those wings. I feel that right now, as they are, they could just uselessly glide around with them.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Okay so, i though maybe of making a new sketch and try again.

Or can you tell me exactly what you want me to change on this current sprite? Like in a simple and short sentence ^^;

Sorry if i may have sounded rude in my past posts, i was sick and pretty much tired...:<

Cat Owls  - Page 2 Catb

Possible S1? ^^
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:55 pm

OMG so cute :3
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  TitiMiny on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Is this good enough for a s1?...i never saw a baby cat owl so i have no idea what to make them look like.. xD

Cat Owls  - Page 2 Isthisgood

just though of a paler scheme..
TitiMiny
TitiMiny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum