Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

+2
KonayukiSpirit
Mineya
6 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 4 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  KonayukiSpirit Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Ren nodded. "I see. Shouldn't you be going, then?" he said, scooping up Jie again. The little bear cub was still nibbling the fig. "Does it take you that long to eat something that small?" he murmured to his little friend. "Besides," he continued to Raizo, "It wouldn't do me any good to see you with me. They might get the wrong idea."
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 4 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  Mineya Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Raizo looked at Ren with surprise, and a slight amount of hurt. He rose to his feet with the lemur kit in his arms. "I wouldn't let them arrest you, if that's what you're afraid of."

Last edited by Mineya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

"Li li!!"
Kiki was worried. She had loved Lili.
Lili was far away. She peeked in the building, shure enough, and saw Razio holding a lemur. She somehow was protective.
The lemur kit flew in the building, and landed in the ground. She staired into raizo's eyes and then at the lemur. She was not happy.
Kiki looked around. A tear fell out of her eye...

Last edited by Cattious on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Ren glanced at Raizo and shrugged. He opened his mouth to say something, but another one of those... lemurs flew straight at Raizo and just stared at him. Weird. Then it looked at the lemur kit, still eating the figs. "Er..." he said, not sure what to say.

Shi wasn't holding out very long. Yan, though younger than her, was strong, his strength fueled by stubborness and his determination to get Fei back, and soon was free. He made straight for the alley, Shi hot on his heels. Already, a girl was peaking in and he cringed. Pushing past, he skidded to a halt, only to see the 'impostor' holding his precious.

"Yan!" Shi growled and nearly toppled over him, out of breath.

"Fei!" Yan cried. At the sound of her name, the lemur turned her head, not interested in her fig anymore.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Raizo had a brief moment to wonder why on earth it seemed to be raining lemurs today, before he was sufficiently distracted by the noisy arrival of the two earlier troublemakers.

Ah. So that's who the kit belonged to.

"Is this yours?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Yan nodded his head vigorously. "Yes, yes she is. She's not hurt, is she?" he said, the words tumbling out of his mouth. Worry dripped from every single word. "I would die if she was hurt because of me--I mean, I didn't mean to leave her, I thought she was with me..." He kept rambling on in a barely-audible murmur, eyes wide. Fei leaped out of Raizo's arms, stubbornly holding onto the fig and landed on his shoulder, purring. "Thank..." He paused, apparently thinking. Then, "Thank whoever there is to thank."

Shi suppressed and exasperated sigh. "C'mon now," she said, her voice softened. "They'll be rather furious. You and your stupid lemur."
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Lili hissed with her wings out. She looked at the same thing Fie was. Kiki jumped as Lili hissed, then started to follow the noise.
Kiki came in the building, wearing ragged clothes that showed her family mistreated her.
"Hi?" Kiki softlly said.
She took the hood off her head, showing her beutiful face and beutiful, long, blonde hair.
She looked rather young, about nine. "Lili?" Kiki softly said. The lemur flew onto her sholder.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Raizo watched the two of them, still guarded, in case they caused any more trouble. "You should keep a better eye on her. Flying lemurs are popular with the animal traders."

It went without saying that Fei would be much worse off with a trader than she would with her person of choice, so Raizo left it at that; he was about to quietly suggest to Ren that they relocate themselves someplace with less attention, when he heard the small voice from the entrance of the alley. He glanced over to see a small child standing nearby. Fascinating; most days he could explore the city without so much as a second glance in his direction, but today he seemed to be attracting all manner of odd characters.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

She walked in closer. Lili got nervous and flapped her wings.
Kiki then mumbled in a low voice as she looked at her clothes so everyone could hear "Man, I HATE my parents." She pulled some crackers out of her backpack and tossed them. Lili went after them.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Yan nodded, after wiping his face clean of emotions and stopped his babbling. He wasn't exactly deathly afraid of animal traders, but he feared them all the same. Fei was still purring, but he heard a soft hiss and shifted his glance to the new lemur, who seemed to be looking beyond him. He turned around and saw a girl wearing some ragged clothing, tossing some crackers. He heard her grumble to herself about her parents, and was immediately infuriated, but smiled instead.

"You should be thankful you have a family," he said tensely. He knew that his capture from Ba Sing Se severed his ties completely with his family, unless he somehow miraculously met them in this stupid nation. Or if he crept back to the Earth Kingdom with some kind of magic.

Shi glanced sympathetically at Yan. His tone of voice wasn't surprising, but she knew how he felt. The landlord wasn't fatherly, she was sure of that, and the mistress was too stuck-up to be motherly. She herself wasn't too motherly, and a moment ago would have proved it. But she couldn't complain, even if she knew the boy's feelings: she had her parents working in the same household, holding high status among the other servants. Though she could barely get a glimpse at them each month, she was sure they'd feel some kind of love towards her.

"Come on, Yan. We need to go back," she said. Then she glanced at Raizo. "Seems we're seeing each other a little too much. Thanks for not making off with Fei, and thanks again for letting me go," she said, inclining her head.

Ren couldn't believe it. Another kid. This time, it was a girl, and though the hissing was getting to Jie, he held on tightly to the platypus bear. The lemur went after the crackers and the girl appeared to be saying something about hating someone. He shrugged and kept a straight face. It only irritated him when children thought parents were a curse. Both of his had died in an epidemic of some kind of disease, while his brother had died trying to keep a rebellion down. It still angered him when he thought of his brother insisting he needed to go because of duty and loyalty.

Ren shook his head. He couldn't drown in his past now. Jie had sensed his discomfort and was squeaking softly. "Er..." was all he could say.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Raizo was feeling more than a little bewildered by this point. To say he was sheltered was an understatement, even if he did make frequent escapes into the city underneath a disguise; he didn't often interact with people outside of his family and their circle of friends, and the only times he ever left the city itself was with his parents close by. He knew there was poverty, and he knew there was strife, but it was in the same way that someone who lived their whole life in the desert would know there was an ocean.

He wasn't sure who to answer first.

"...it's nothing," he finally said to the girl, immediately feeling silly for having spoken at all. The air in the alley seemed fraught with personal tension around each of them, and he wondered if that was making the animals fuss more than anything else. With a soft sigh, he finally returned his attention to the little girl. She was far too young to be out and about unsupervised, muttering to strangers about her parents. "What are you doing here by yourself?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Kiki looked up at him and sighed. Kia squawked. Kiki then said "This is to both of you. One: My family is rich. And look at my clothes!" She held up her jacket. "2:My famly does not care about me, or did my little brother." She sniffled, as she was about to cry. "He died last month." She then said "I am running away from them."
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Ren held back a sneer. What a pity, he thought. She hasn't exactly been living on the streets her whole life, right? He shrugged. Jie had already spat out all that remained of the fig and was starting to groom his paws and his muzzle, which had become sticky. He wondered if Raizo would be staying a bit longer than he planned, what with all these guests walking in on them. Maybe he could freeload another meal of dumplings from him.

Shi allowed herself to smile slightly at Raizo. Her eye-shadow was slightly smudged, but it didn't really do any harm to her appearance.

Yan shrugged and smiled a kind of scary-sweet smile. It wasn't as scary as he intended, more sweet than scary. "Well, you do look pitiful, I have to admit," he said.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Raizo wondered if the visible half of his face looked as green as he felt. There was an element of surreality to this whole day that was really starting to settle on him. If it was true that this girl's parents really did mistreat her, well, that was unfortunate, but what was he supposed to do about it? Besides, if they'd gotten her a pet flying lemur, that was something. He glanced at the others.

"I'm sorry to hear about your brother, and that you have problems with your parents. But it takes a lot of skill to survive alone. I'm not sure what you expect any of us to do for you."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm

"Well..." Kiki began to say, her and her lemur staring into each others eyes. "I have been hiding from my parents for..... 11 months. I found Kia on the streets when she was tiny." Her blazing blue eyes stared up at Raizo. "Ugh.. I really would like to show you where I live, An metal box like, well, beside this building.'
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Ren couldn't stop himself. He snorted. "Try about eleven years. you'll get there," he sneered. He immediately looked away and whistled to himself. Jie growled as he tried to get something sticky off his claw, scraping his teeth against it.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Raizo stared at the girl. "...of course your clothes look like that, if you've been on the streets for eleven months."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Somehow, Kiki's eyes turned firey red, and she staired at ren. "Curse you!!!!!"
They turned back blue, and she looked at raizo again. "I went back and got new clothes yesterday. I am really mad, now I have another sibling, 2 months old, on her last day of life."

Last edited by Cattious on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Ren smiled obligingly at the little girl. "Just try. You can't expect me to pity you, when I've been a street-rat for almost..." He counted on his fingers, almost hidden by his platypus bear. "About almost my whole life, right after big brother passed away, I think," he said thoughtfully. "Of course, there's still this amazing furball here, too..."

Yan narrowed his eyes at the girl. She seemed... intent to proving she was more homeless than she was. Of course, there was also the other boy, intent on proving-no, arrogantly stating he had more experience on the streets than the girl. Fei looked from one face to the other, clearly feeling the tension in the air.

Last edited by KonayukiSpirit on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Raizo looked at Ren with wide eyes, surprise flickering almost immediately into sympathy. "...I'm sorry about your brother."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Ren felt a tingle of desperation and sorrow in his heart, but he shrugged his shoulders, as if he could get the pity off of him. "Nothing to be sorry about, just laws of life," he replied, emotionless. He had a straight face again.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Kiki sighed. Her lemur flew off, in the direction of her parents house. She came back, with a note, that said her parents got murdered. " That is it, I am officialy homeless."
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Raizo continued to watch Ren silently, not buying that stoic act for a second. He didn't ask again; now clearly wasn't the time.

Last edited by Mineya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 pm

After a few minutes of stareing at the sheet, she fainted.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Shi was the first to act. "Hey!" she said as she dived and scooped up the child. The girl was skinny, she could tell that much by feel. Yan spat on the ground and walked away from the alley. It was getting colder, and Shi knew it was time for the oldest to take action. Or so it was supposed to go.

"Hey, would you like to come over to Master's for a dinner? We could make up a lie about you, or something..." Shi said unexpectedly. She was wary of the lemur the girl had.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next