Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

+2
KonayukiSpirit
Mineya
6 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 7 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm

"We have steamed bun back home," Raizo told Ren, reassuringly patting his shoulder. Watching the boy and Shi talk to each other made him feel distinctly uncomfortable. There was more going on here than any of the observers were aware of, obviously, and he wasn't sure now if he was really stepping on toes by inviting Shi away from home for a night.

"Shi, I don't want to cause any problems for you."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 7 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:15 pm

Shi turned to Raizo. "How sweet of you. You aren't causing problems, just doing me a favor," she said, smiling. "One day away from home won't hurt." She rubbed her temple. "That boy gives me a headache sometimes," she growled. A whipping isn't going to do anything to me. I'm used to them by now, unless they bumped it up to a hundred lashes, she thought bitterly.

Ren grinned. "Hope they have red bean paste in them," he muttered to Jie. He decided not to say anything for now. Let them work it out. Ren had no problems at all, since he had no one older than him bossing him around.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Kiki looked up and smiled. She would be able to sleep in a real bed again!!
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Ren would be pleasantly surprised, because red bean buns just happened to be Raizo's favorite.

"I hope not," he answered pointedly, since he didn't exactly believe the casual attitude Shi had about it anymore. "Would it help at all if we went back to your household first, and let them know that you'll be out for the night?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Shi looked up sharply. "No!" she said, almost desperately, then composed herself. "I mean, no, it's okay. I wouldn't go back there--I wouldn't go back there--just yet," she said, stammering. "Really, there's nothing wrong--just Yan teasing. Again." She looked down at the girl. She seemed delighted at the news of being accepted.

The outburst from Shi made Ren jump a little.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Raizo jumped as well, blushed promptly, and cleared his throat. "Okay, okay... whatever you say is best."

Last edited by Mineya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Shi breathed slowly and smiled, apologetic. "Er, sorry," she said. "Just a reflex." Reflex my foot, she thought.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 pm

"Well, in any case," Raizo continued, nothing daunted, "there will be food at home, and I'll make sure everyone has some fresh clothes and a bed to sleep in. You'll be my guests, so don't be afraid to ask for something if you want it; just, er... watch out for my sister."

Last edited by Mineya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Shi nodded. She decided it wouldn't be too bad. Trade away a pleasant welcome party for peace, for once. She smiled. "What's the Princess like?" she asked, curious. "Why do we need to look out for her?" Ren was quite curious, too. Jie was asleep on his back.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:13 pm

It had been a long, exhausting day for Kaori and she was ready to just plum down onto her bed and sleep for years. All day she had to help the local market unload goods and she had to help the zoo keep their animals in place. It sounds like a crazy combination, but she managed to help both equally all day. Being from a relatively poor family, she had to do all in her power to raise enough money to keep them all fed. Her older brother, Hiro was also at the market, but he was in charge of helping the customers and putting the vegetables in the right places. Her sister was too young to work, her father had to take care of her sick mother, and her grandparents are too old to work any more. The only other people in her family were her aunt, uncle, and cousin, but they lived too far away to help with keeping the family alive and well. So, it was up to Kaori and her brother, and it was difficult.

A familiar screeching from behind brought a little joy into the long day as Kaori's pet dragon hawk flew down from the sky and perched himself on her shoulder. She lifted one hand and petted the little hawk on the head and smiled, "Why hello there, Akio. Where have you been all day?" The hawk let out a little chirpy noise and lifted it wings up stretching. Kaori rounded a corner and noticed a group of people crowding outside the hospital. She quickly concealed herself back around the corner. Paranoia really took over her mind alot, and she thought they might be causing some kind of trouble, which she wanted no part of. The only other way to get to her house asked for another hour of walking, so Kaori just stood there, listening.
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

http://narutorplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Raizo shivered a bit, and it wasn't entirely from the cold twilight air. "Let's just say I try not to let new friends meet her right away..."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Now Shi and Ren were getting the shivers. "Is she a lot... uh, she's not very social, is she?" Ren asked. Jie woke up and crawled down the boy, apparently sniffing a new scent. Ren kept an eye on the cub.

"C-can we go, soon? Without meeting her, of course, if you wish it," Shi said nervously.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:23 pm

"Oh, she's social," Raizo answered, with a hunted look. But she was right, it was getting absurdly chilly now, after all. In the dead of Fire Nation winter, no one would believe that the capital city existed on top of a dormant volcano. "Ah, anyway yes, sorry, we can go--"

Well, that was strange. What was Jie snuffling around about? Raizo furrowed his brow curiously at the cub, and then at Jie. "What's with him?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Ren grinned. "Probably smelled a rat," he said. He walked towards the direction Jie's nose pointed. "Who goes there?" he asked loudly. Shi put a hand on her hip.

Acts pretty cocky, she thought, a little amused. Jie growled softly and waddled after his friend. Shi turned to Raizo. A wind ruffled a few folds of her silk and she shivered, absently pulling the scarf over her shoulders a little. W-wait, I really am using the prince's scarf! she thought. I should take good care of it.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:45 pm

"Let's not worry about it," Raizo called after Ren. "We should get going before we freeze."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Ren looked back, but decided to listen to Raizo. He walked back towards them. "Any idea which direction to go?" he asked. He glanced at Shi, then Kiki and her lemur. The dancer seemed pretty determined about something. Whatever. "C'mon, Jie!" Ren said, and Jie waddled back towards him. The thief picked up the platypus bear and held him in his arms.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

"This way," Raizo said, beckoning the three of them. He smiled slightly, a bit apologetic. The palace wasn't exactly close to the hospital (Raizo's family had their own physician, after all), but it wouldn't be too terrible if they got started now. "You don't mind walking, right?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Ren snorted. "I've been walking on bare feet for almost my whole life," he said. "What does it matter if it's only a few more steps?" He grinned. "Lead the way, I guess," he said. He looked back at the wall, sure that someone was there. Shi wasn't feeling comfortable, either. She kept glancing out of the corner of her eyes, though her back was to the wall. She wouldn't let her guard down.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Raizo returned the grin, especially glad that Ren would be staying, tonight. After all, the thief moreso than any of the other people he'd met today was someone whom Raizo felt he had bonded with. They still didn't know a whole lot about each other, but there would be time for that. He started off in the direction of the palace, leading the ragtag little motley crew behind him.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Ren and Shi began to follow the prince. Shi's feet weren't as sore as she thought they were, and she suddenly didn't feel as tired anymore, either. Maybe it was because she was staying the night somewhere else.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Kiki followed, eyes brighter than usual.
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Absurdly delighted by the prospect of having.... semi-friends over for the night, Raizo found himself feeling lighter, more alert than usual. He felt as though, if he tried, he could actually firebend with some semblance of skill right then. "We have guest rooms. It'll be up to you whether you sleep there or not, or we can have extra beds brought into my chambers; it just won't be as comfortable. Keep your pets close by; Mother won't be thrilled about them. Sorry."

Last edited by Mineya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Ren shrugged. Shi couldn't care less; she had slept in the same room with the other dancers for eighteen years, at least.

"Eh, I'll sleep in a guest room, I guess," Ren said. "Hopefully, Jie will recover his wits after his napping and he'll know to keep close. Ii'm sure the Fire Lady won't be too pleased with them," he added.

"I'll sleep in a guest room as well," Shi piped up. She wanted to see what the experience was like.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:41 pm

"Of course. We have plenty of room to spare," Raizo said pleasantly. "Breakfast is from seven o'candle to nine o'candle. You can leave anytime, but of course you'll be welcome to stay for as long as you like."

At this point he was speaking for his family more than was strictly polite, but Raizo was certain that they wouldn't be overly troubled by the guests, as long as everyone was respectful.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Kaori had held her breath once someone called towards her direction. She could hear the small Platypus Bear cub sniff and growl at her and she had to keep hold of Akio so that he wouldn't fly off and attack. Quietly, and patiently, she waited for the group to leave. Who were they? And who were they talking about? If it weren't for the complaining hawk, Kaori would have stood there for hours trying to answer her own questions. "All right, all right. We can go home. I'll send you out in the morning. Find one of them and give them the letter I will write later. I'll give you a nice treat I promise." She petted Akio on the head and began walking home.

~Timeskip~

Once she was awake and finished bathing and eating, Kaori began writing a letter. It wasn't very long and didn't have much meaning to it at all, but she really wanted to know who they were since she hadn't ever seen them around before. "Done." She cleared her throat and read it aloud to herself:

"
The oranges and apples are fresh today in the local market, you may want to stop by and pick some up early before they are all claimed. Also, peanuts and carrots are about to go out of date and the prices have been marked down! Hurry and claim yours before others do!
"

Akio made a little noise that sounded like he was mocking her. Kaori only glared at him and fixed up his little harness, placing the now rolled up letter in the pouch. "Yeah, I know, it ridiculous. But, it's not like I lied at all and I'm just really curious is all. I only want to see them and maybe find out a name or two that's it I promise." She tapped her forearm against the young Dragon Hawk's belly and he perched himself there. "Now go!" She opened the nearest widow and Akio flew out of it and headed back towards the hospital where they had seen the people last as a starting place to track them down.
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

http://narutorplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next