New zodiac signs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New zodiac signs

Post  Magickoi on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 pm

You may have heard about the new zodiac signs. Lots of internet rage going on. They added a 13th one. What was your old zodiac sign? Your new one? Which did you prefer?

Old signs: http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm
New zodiac sign charts: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/new-zodiac-sign-chart-ophiuchus-jan-13-2011

I was an aries, now a pisces. :T Mixed feelings... I was comfortable with aries, so I'm still trying to accept my new sign.


Last edited by Magickoi on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
If you see an edit in this color, it was probably me.

Come join us on the IRC sometime!!! Lots of awesome people, chat with fellow avadopts members!! :'D

avatar
Magickoi

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-11-13
Location : Home.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  ChuChu on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm Scorpio. :/ Idk If I've changed since I don't know what the old chart was but my dad and brother changed from Cancer to Gemini.

Edit: Wait, they changed? o.O
avatar
ChuChu

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  Magickoi on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 pm

ChuChu wrote:I'm Scorpio. :/ Idk If I've changed since I don't know what the old chart was but my dad and brother changed from Cancer to Gemini.

Edit: Wait, they changed? o.O
Haha, yeah. I edited with the old zodiac signs. The new ones were discovered this week, I believe.

_________________
If you see an edit in this color, it was probably me.

Come join us on the IRC sometime!!! Lots of awesome people, chat with fellow avadopts members!! :'D

avatar
Magickoi

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-11-13
Location : Home.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  Mirounga on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I was a Libra but now I'm a Virgo. cheers afro
avatar
Mirounga

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-01-09
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 am

It's only for those born after 2009 xD

Or so I heard. I'm interested in teh new zodiac sign now though =.='

_________________
I fight to save, but do I save to fight? My deviantArt x] Feedback appreciated! 8'D

I'VE GOT MY OWN LITTLE BATHROOM STALL! WEEEDOODEEEDOOO~ 8'D
avatar
KonayukiSpirit
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : In your kitchen, stealing your cookies. Hurhurhur.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  PhazonDragon on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:04 am

omg not this. I've already had my raging and laughter over it. Raging because everyone's hating on Ophiuchus, and laughing because this is old news. ... To me, anyway. /astronomy major

Alright. Ophiuchus is the 'new' zodiac sign, and I say 'new' because it's not new at all. If I recall correctly, there was debate about it back in 2005, or at least they were talking it over. It's now been made official, and that's why everyone's freaking... Bleh. Anyway, yes, it apparently only applies to people born after 2009. So people who are griping need to stop whining. If you can whine about your zodiac sign, I don't think you were born after 2009. XD No worries, all you Libras are safe, as well as you Cancers, and you Virgos, etc.


And since no one seems to know what/who Ophiuchus is, I'll take this time to explain. Ophiuchus is the thirteenth zodiac, and not just added because NASA wants to screw everyone over. Ophiuchus is Greek for 'serpent-bearer', and you can see the serpent in his hands in the above picture. Now, he is in fact a constellation that the sun travels through, so I'm for adding him back into the zodiac. It seems that the Babylonians removed Ophiuchus from the zodiac because they wanted 12 signs, and because 13 was an unlucky number.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

Sorry for the minirant there, and I apologize if any of my facts are wrong. I'm going off of memory, and what I've remembered based on skimming through articles... Because it's late and night, and I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago.

But anyway. Ophiuchus isn't a new constellation, he's just been neglected in the zodiac. ;n;

I'm a Leo, and with the Ophiuchus added, I'd be cancer. However, I'm pretty sure I was born before 2009, so I'm still a Leo. and proud of it! Though I don't really mind Cancer either.

Edit: And I neglected to mention... I don't believe in astrology and horoscopes and stuff. Fake science. :| So yeah.
avatar
PhazonDragon

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-09-20
Age : 25
Location : Orbiting Gallifrey in my TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  user560 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:43 am

I'm a Cancer but if i was born in 2009 i was a Gemini..
avatar
user560

Posts : 913
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 21
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  Mineya on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Okay, I hear a lot about the craziness with the new zodiac signs going on because of where I work, and I'm just going to put this out there so that people can stop drowning in their own incorrect assumptions:

Your personal zodiac sign does not change.

The way things are now does not affect the way things were however many years ago, when you were born. THAT is what determines your zodiac sign, YOUR BIRTH, and what was going on in the system of astrology WHEN YOU WERE BORN. Not today.

PhazonDragon wrote:Anyway, yes, it apparently only applies to people born after 2009. So people who are griping need to stop whining. If you can whine about your zodiac sign, I don't think you were born after 2009.

This exactly. I just needed to reinforce this, because oh my god, the people who won't stop freaking out because they're FORTY and they think their birthday changed somehow.

..../nerdrage.

_________________

。・:*:・°User Interaction Moderator at heart°・:*:・。
avatar
Mineya
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 633
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 30
Location : Fire Nation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  TheDarkCynder on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Yes, it only affects those born after the year of 2009. I am a Libra, and remain a Libra, as I was born in 1996.

_________________
What are you still doing here?!


New forum- http://forums.avadopts.com/index.php? Arrow


Thanks,
TheDarkCynder
avatar
TheDarkCynder
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 20
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  PhazonDragon on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Mineya wrote:Okay, I hear a lot about the craziness with the new zodiac signs going on because of where I work, and I'm just going to put this out there so that people can stop drowning in their own incorrect assumptions:

Your personal zodiac sign does not change.

The way things are now does not affect the way things were however many years ago, when you were born. THAT is what determines your zodiac sign, YOUR BIRTH, and what was going on in the system of astrology WHEN YOU WERE BORN. Not today.

PhazonDragon wrote:Anyway, yes, it apparently only applies to people born after 2009. So people who are griping need to stop whining. If you can whine about your zodiac sign, I don't think you were born after 2009.

This exactly. I just needed to reinforce this, because oh my god, the people who won't stop freaking out because they're FORTY and they think their birthday changed somehow.

..../nerdrage.
Oh god, thank you. -hugs- I knew I wasn't the only one going crazy over everyone's complaining.
avatar
PhazonDragon

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-09-20
Age : 25
Location : Orbiting Gallifrey in my TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  PFN on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:41 am

Wow.

I have always been confused, since according to the old sign site, my birthday marks the end of Taurus. Other sources have said either that, or that my birthday marks the start of Gemini. And now these new signs say I'm a Taurus.

...TWIN BULLS
avatar
PFN

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : Kricketot Land

View user profile http://codfinaquarium.myadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  MadameRed on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

I put absolutely no stock into this. Scientists can't go around adding zodiac signs and changing dates that have been around for 2000 years just because they're bored >_> It's like them taking away Pluto's 'planet' status. Sailor Pluto would be very angry; you don't mess with the Sailor Scouts. They've got nothing better to spend their millions of government funding on, I guess.

However, if you do put stock into this, I was a Scorpio, and I still am, because it doesn't effect people born before 2009.
avatar
MadameRed

Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-12-28
Age : 26
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  Mineya on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 pm

MadameRed wrote:I put absolutely no stock into this. Scientists can't go around adding zodiac signs and changing dates that have been around for 2000 years just because they're bored >_> It's like them taking away Pluto's 'planet' status. Sailor Pluto would be very angry; you don't mess with the Sailor Scouts. They've got nothing better to spend their millions of government funding on, I guess.

This. :|

I am a Scorpio, too, and in true Scorpio fashion, will kill anyone who tries to tell me differently.

Secretly.

Without anyone ever realizing it.

_________________

。・:*:・°User Interaction Moderator at heart°・:*:・。
avatar
Mineya
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 633
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 30
Location : Fire Nation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  lordofseas on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm a Capricorn, but if I was born in 2009 or later, I would be a Sagittarius. Ugh.
avatar
lordofseas

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-09-14
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New zodiac signs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum