Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
MadameRed
phoenixwildfire
Silvwa
KonayukiSpirit
canine
Mineya
Alecatep
user560
Cattious
Rebsingh
John
15 posters

Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Empty Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Post  John Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Alright, so I was on the Xat and Reb told me that there's going to be a new Avatar season. So I'm pretty excited, and I didn't even read the [url=avatar.wikia.com]wiki[/url] page yet. So, looks like Kataang was the real ship. Anyways, they had a son named Tenzin who is an Airbender (HELL YES!) and so since Korra just needs to learn Airbending and control the Avatar State to become a fully-realized Avatar, she sets out to look for Tenzin. (P.S. Korra is from the Southern Water Tribe)
~John

John

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Empty Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Post  Rebsingh Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm sooo excited. Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:33 pm

!!!
Wha? Thought they quit avatar! GIMME THE CHANNAL NAME!! lol!
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:41 am

I'm can't wait to see the episodes ^^
I also have read that her animal guide maybe is a Polarbeardog...
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:42 am

user560 wrote:I'm can't wait to see the episodes ^^
I also have read that her animal guide maybe is a Polarbeardog...

WOAH COOL! :O What if they use our otter bear? :O :O
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 am

That would be awesome ^^
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Alecatep Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:31 am

I dunno, I'm always skeptical of 'spin off' series that solidify events and especially relationships from a previous series. It just kills the mystery, and the possiblites for me, and I'm sure for a lot of fans.

I'm nervous that Korra will be based more off of Katara's version of 'spunky female lead' than Toph. Katara REALLY fell out of favor with me by the end of the series, and I can't say I care much for the, thanks to Korra, 'solidification' of KataraxAang. But that a whole other can of worms.

I am, however, very happy that there is more coming from the A:TLA team!! It won't be the quality of the show that worries me, but the content of character and story.
Alecatep
Alecatep

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:16 am

Alecatep wrote:I dunno, I'm always skeptical of 'spin off' series that solidify events and especially relationships from a previous series. It just kills the mystery, and the possiblites for me, and I'm sure for a lot of fans.

I'm nervous that Korra will be based more off of Katara's version of 'spunky female lead' than Toph. Katara REALLY fell out of favor with me by the end of the series, and I can't say I care much for the, thanks to Korra, 'solidification' of KataraxAang. But that a whole other can of worms.

I am, however, very happy that there is more coming from the A:TLA team!! It won't be the quality of the show that worries me, but the content of character and story.

I agree with all of this, basically. I read that they're going to try to keep the feel of the original series as much as possible, but that the new series is going to have a more mature tone. It's also going to be a mini-series, only 12 episodes. As long as Korra isn't as much of a Mary-Sue to the degree that Katara ended up being, I think I can at least make my peace with Kataang, and might enjoy watching it. (I am sad panda that none of the original Gaang members will be alive anymore, though. :\ )

It's not coming out for another year at least, though. They're tentatively planning to reveal more about it at Comic-Con 2011.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  canine Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow, I totally didn't know about this! I will watch it but I don't know if I will accept it into my heart as part of the original story. I'll just watch it as like an alternate similar world. But I don't want my ideas as to the future of Aang to be obscured, you know?
canine
canine

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 pm

So if it's a hundred years later, than that means Korra is like, the great-great-granddaughter of Katara, right? O_o

OH WAIT. SEVENTY, I think, right? Or was it 100? xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:53 pm

It's 75 years after the original story ends, but it's unlikely that Korra is a direct descendant of Katara. It's possible that she's from Sokka's line, but it hasn't been indicated one way or the other.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:58 pm

My bad! It was Sokka's line. Tenzin is from Kataang. xD
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvwa Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:39 am

I heard about this but just thought it was a rumor! So glad it's true!

I'm not sure if I'll like it however, I've never gotten into the sequels of things. I'll stand behind it anyway. It might be good.

Does anyone know when it's coming out and on what channel?

Silvwa

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't know..
Maybe you can find something there http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixwildfire Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

ah, I was wondering how they were going to fix the whole 'no airbending' problem lol

can't wait ^__^
phoenixwildfire
phoenixwildfire

Back to top Go down

Post  MadameRed Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Alecatep wrote:I dunno, I'm always skeptical of 'spin off' series that solidify events and especially relationships from a previous series. It just kills the mystery, and the possiblites for me, and I'm sure for a lot of fans.

Thisthisthis.

As I began learning more about LoK, I grew more and more skeptical and not-so-excited about it, and I still feel that way. I will watch it, because I do love A:TLA, and I want to see what they do with LoK and where they go with the story. I'll give it a chance, and I won't badmouth it until I see it, but I remain dubious about the series.
MadameRed
MadameRed

Back to top Go down

Post  Digidude123 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:06 pm

I can't wait for this!!!

though It would of been better as a full series instead of a 20 episode spin off
Digidude123
Digidude123

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSkieBlue Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

Digidude123 wrote:I can't wait for this!!!

though It would of been better as a full series instead of a 20 episode spin off
Oh, 20? I'd heard twelve, but that they were willing to expand it if it got enough support. Maybe it has?

Anyway, on the whole of the series, I hope that Korra isn't based off of Katara or Toph (though I will say that Toph is at the top of the list of awesome, right up there with Iroh) but rather that she's her own character, though there'll almost surely be some similarities between at least one of them. Considering how she's been called "hotheaded" and "independent"--that seems a lot more indicative of Toph.
Also, quote from Wikipedia:
"The character was partly inspired by Avatar Kyoshi of the original series, whom the creators say was very popular among fans."
I don't think I'll mind that.

And I don't think I'll ever get how people get so worked up about television show couplings. I get that it's a bit annoying when they solidify possibilities that were fun to toy around with, but eh.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Dragon Rider Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 pm

I am looking forwards to it and don't have an opinion abut it yet. Few sequels are better then or good as then the first, but I'll watch the first few episodes before deciding that.

Wind Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 pm

SilentSkieBlue wrote:Also, quote from Wikipedia:
"The character was partly inspired by Avatar Kyoshi of the original series, whom the creators say was very popular among fans."
I don't think I'll mind that.

And I don't think I'll ever get how people get so worked up about television show couplings. I get that it's a bit annoying when they solidify possibilities that were fun to toy around with, but eh.
Ooo really now? I particularly liked Kyoshi, so this'll be interesting.

/seconds that opinion. Despite what happens in the end of Avatar, I think my roommate is dead-set on shipping Zutara. XD Every time they were together in the room, she was all 'kiss kiss kiss'. XD But anyway. So what... It's not like the canon show is going to stop people from shipping their favorite pairings anyway. I could give multiple Doctor Who examples here, but I'll refrain.

Besides. Show is about Korra. Thread is about Korra. Not shipping or Doctor who. :B

So I'm not bothered that Katara and Aang ended up together. Because I'll still end up shipping Aang and Zuko together for laughs. And with that said, I'm looking forward to Korra, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, just in case.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down