Cow Hippo!!!

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm

I blended in the shades

I'll do the same with the S2 hatchlings
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  grayson1314 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Looks a little funny

grayson1314

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:30 pm

grayson1314 wrote:Looks a little funny
I don't see anything wrong

I blended the male slightly, too
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Rebsingh on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Digidude123 wrote:
grayson1314 wrote:Looks a little funny
I don't see anything wrong

I blended the male slightly, too
It looks like you just smudged it and that's it. I didn't want it like that. :/ it looks like it's stitched on now...

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 22
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Rebsingh wrote:
Digidude123 wrote:
grayson1314 wrote:Looks a little funny
I don't see anything wrong

I blended the male slightly, too
It looks like you just smudged it and that's it. I didn't want it like that. :/ it looks like it's stitched on now...
Oh, I though you wanted it that way XD

anyway, the spots on cows aren't supposed to be blended
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Here, I started added more shades to it. If you like it, I will continue. :>


_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:45 pm

ignite444 wrote:Here, I started added more shades to it. If you like it, I will continue. :>

I like it Very Happy

I think the eye looks better that way too
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Rebsingh on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:46 pm

ignite444 wrote:Here, I started added more shades to it. If you like it, I will continue. :>

Ooh it looks nice! Are you going to dither?

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 22
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I'll have to look that up, lol. XD

Edit: I can try to dither, yes. Very Happy

Edit 2: If you want me to fix/add/remove anything just say the word!



I tried to make the fur look coarse, but I'm not sure I pulled it off. Kinda hard to with cream colors.

_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  grayson1314 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm

I love it do it to all the stage and it will be ready

grayson1314

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  SilentSkieBlue on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 pm

It's a good job, but I don't think it quite fits. Cows have thick fur, but it's really pretty short--which is why it looks like skin in a lot of photos. The photo you've got there looks like it was taken in winter, which explains the little bit of fuzziness on the shoulder, but considering how these guys are also part hippo you might want to tone down the fuz. [/IMHO]
avatar
SilentSkieBlue

Posts : 152
Join date : 2010-11-25
Age : 25
Location : Preparing a kettle in which to stew your soul.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 pm

ignite444 wrote:I'll have to look that up, lol. XD

Edit: I can try to dither, yes. Very Happy

Edit 2: If you want me to fix/add/remove anything just say the word!



I tried to make the fur look coarse, but I'm not sure I pulled it off. Kinda hard to with cream colors.
It looks very awesome, now we just need to shade the hatchlings properly and were done
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Rebsingh on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am

ignite444 wrote:I'll have to look that up, lol. XD

Edit: I can try to dither, yes. Very Happy

Edit 2: If you want me to fix/add/remove anything just say the word!



I tried to make the fur look coarse, but I'm not sure I pulled it off. Kinda hard to with cream colors.
I love it! And it looks like you did something with the spots that made them a little better. Can you try all the others? XD

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 22
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 pm

SilentSkieBlue wrote:It's a good job, but I don't think it quite fits. Cows have thick fur, but it's really pretty short--which is why it looks like skin in a lot of photos. The photo you've got there looks like it was taken in winter, which explains the little bit of fuzziness on the shoulder, but considering how these guys are also part hippo you might want to tone down the fuz. [/IMHO]

Actually all I did was add shades to the original shading. I didn't change much else.

Oh, and yeah, I can do the other stages as well. Very Happy I did add shading to places where there was none, that includes the spots, udder, tail fur, and hooves.

I'll get to shading the other stages later today. I want to relax a bit first.

Edit: I finished the adult male:


_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  DragonTamerChris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:45 pm

I'll make some descriptions:

Egg: "This egg is white with black blotches on it."

Hatchie: "The egg hatched into a small mammal that is white with black blotches across it's body. It has a small tail and it is already growing horns."

Hatchie 2: "The mammal grew even bigger horns and has gotten a few more black blotches across it's body. It's also have more of an appetite, maybe it will grow up soon!"

I'll do the adult later, feel free to fix any of the descriptions to make them more descriptive/change whatever is wrong/confusing about them.

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 20
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  PhazonDragon on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:I'll make some descriptions:

Egg: "This egg is white with black splotches on it."

Hatchie: "The egg hatched into a small mammal that is white with black splotches across its body. It has a small tail. and it is already growing horns." (Cows aren't born with horns, iirc. I feel like this bit makes it seem that the cow hippo hatched/was born with horns.)

Hatchie 2: "The mammal has started to grow horns and has gotten a few more black blotches across it's body. It seems to have a big appetite, maybe it will grow up soon!"

I'll do the adult later, feel free to fix any of the descriptions to make them more descriptive/change whatever is wrong/confusing about them.
Grammar/spelling edits made in bold, personal opinion edits made in italics, strike-through indicates removal (which tends to be personal opinion).

Splotches seems like a better word to use, but that's just my personal opinion, and you're welcome to ignore it. And while it certainly may have more splotches when it grows older (though I personally doubt it) I feel that bit of information is unnecessary, when just saying it's growing horns and has a bit appetite would be enough to indicate that it's maturing.

/twocents
avatar
PhazonDragon

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-09-20
Age : 26
Location : Orbiting Gallifrey in my TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Ignite, is there any update on the shading?
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:08 am

Sorry, I've had school work to do lately... >.<

_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:23 pm

OK, here is the male S2 hatchling:




S1 hatchling:




Aaaaaannnnd the S2 female:


_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 pm

ignite444 wrote:OK, here is the male S2 hatchling:




S1 hatchling:




Aaaaaannnnd the S2 female:

So..is it ready to go?

also, should we change the egg with a baby?
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  DragonTamerChris on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Digidude123 wrote:
ignite444 wrote:OK, here is the male S2 hatchling:




S1 hatchling:




Aaaaaannnnd the S2 female:

So..is it ready to go?

also, should we change the egg with a baby?

We should change the egg to a baby because we need to start making the mammals start out as babies instead of eggs.

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 20
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  PhazonDragon on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Okay. I'm liking the shading, so that's good.

Now I'm iffy on the S1. It feels... stiff. Like a picture, and kinda lifeless. I was thinking it's because of the outline color, but now I'm thinking it's because of the straight lines. The straightness of the lines makes the creature feel unnatural and stiff... If you made the outline curve in places where there would be a straight line, that would help. I.e. the back, the legs, the head, the tail. Straight lines don't occur naturally in nature.
avatar
PhazonDragon

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-09-20
Age : 26
Location : Orbiting Gallifrey in my TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Digidude123 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:Okay. I'm liking the shading, so that's good.

Now I'm iffy on the S1. It feels... stiff. Like a picture, and kinda lifeless. I was thinking it's because of the outline color, but now I'm thinking it's because of the straight lines. The straightness of the lines makes the creature feel unnatural and stiff... If you made the outline curve in places where there would be a straight line, that would help. I.e. the back, the legs, the head, the tail. Straight lines don't occur naturally in nature.
Any better?
avatar
Digidude123

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  PhazonDragon on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm

I... can't see a change..? D: I'm not seeing a difference between the original and the updated one.
avatar
PhazonDragon

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-09-20
Age : 26
Location : Orbiting Gallifrey in my TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  ignite444 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

I can see it in the back a bit, but no where else.

_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 28
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cow Hippo!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum