Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Java Updates

+4
DragonTamerChris
Ninpok
ignite444
Rebsingh
8 posters

Go down

Random Java Updates Empty Random Java Updates

Post  Rebsingh Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 am

We might get some random java updates like cool things... XD But I'll have to code a beta version first and get some testers XD And no, don't ask to be a tester. Thanks. Razz I already made a little popup thing in http://www.avadopts.com/park/test.php ... that will be one of them Razz And another one will be a cool login feature Razz and other stuff. This might not happen for a few months... I have finals coming up :/
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Random Java Updates Empty Re: Random Java Updates

Post  ignite444 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Oooo, cool! Can't wait to see what you come out with.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Little Java log-in added to home page, and I am going to add it to all the pages.

Everyone please enable javascript. If you don't have it enabled, please evolve and enable it. Most modern sites are using it now. Smile

...and it doesn't work with internet explorer. ._. please evolve and use chrome or firefox. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninpok Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:11 pm

i like it. make it available on all pages^^
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonTamerChris Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Rebsingh wrote:Little Java log-in added to home page, and I am going to add it to all the pages.

Everyone please enable javascript. If you don't have it enabled, please evolve and enable it. Most modern sites are using it now. Smile

...and it doesn't work with internet explorer. ._. please evolve and use chrome or firefox. Smile
That's going to be bad for people who use school laptops or computers they don't own. D:

Interesting updates. :3 I can't wait for them.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:
Rebsingh wrote:Little Java log-in added to home page, and I am going to add it to all the pages.

That's going to be bad for people who use school laptops or computers they don't own. D:

Interesting updates. :3 I can't wait for them.
I can still have the old log-in page... GAH Retarded internet explorer ruining it for everyone D:<
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blaz Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Isn't there a way to make it so, if javascript is disabled it would not use the javascript way? *Haven't coded javascript in a while, i have no idea*

blaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:24 pm

blaz wrote:Isn't there a way to make it so, if javascript is disabled it would not use the javascript way? *Haven't coded javascript in a while, i have no idea*
I used a tag that says the old login link and saying it's recommended to enable javascript for the site to work properly. Very Happy
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Just letting you know Reb, I can't log in. I'm using Safari, and the window doesn't come up. I have to go to the register page, then click log in, in order to log in the original way.

I have Firefox, and can use that, but I honestly prefer using Safari. I only use Firefox for snaplinks and Hydra, but nothing else. So please don't tell me to 'upgrade' and switch to Firefox, because that's not very... polite. Not everyone can switch to Chrome or Firefox, and not everyone wants to. I prefer Safari. Safari looks sleeker compared to other browsers, and I'm more used to it, not to mention all my bookmarks are on it.

It's a personal preference, and I'm not going to change my web browser to be able to log in on just one site. A good website, in my opinion, should work well on all browsers. It can have a 'recommended browser', in this case, Firefox, but it should be accessible to all no matter what browser they are currently using.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:54 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:Just letting you know Reb, I can't log in. I'm using Safari, and the window doesn't come up. I have to go to the register page, then click log in, in order to log in the original way.

I have Firefox, and can use that, but I honestly prefer using Safari. I only use Firefox for snaplinks and Hydra, but nothing else. So please don't tell me to 'upgrade' and switch to Firefox, because that's not very... polite. Not everyone can switch to Chrome or Firefox, and not everyone wants to. I prefer Safari. Safari looks sleeker compared to other browsers, and I'm more used to it, not to mention all my bookmarks are on it.

It's a personal preference, and I'm not going to change my web browser to be able to log in on just one site. A good website, in my opinion, should work well on all browsers. It can have a 'recommended browser', in this case, Firefox, but it should be accessible to all no matter what browser they are currently using.
This is my first run with java so I'll have to see what I can do. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Perhaps there could be a 'quick log in'? Like the login button still takes you to the log in page, but on each page of avatops, there's also a small Quick Log In link that will open up the javascript window, allowing you to log in without leaving that page?
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:36 am

PhazonDragon wrote:Perhaps there could be a 'quick log in'? Like the login button still takes you to the log in page, but on each page of avatops, there's also a small Quick Log In link that will open up the javascript window, allowing you to log in without leaving that page?
Check out the home page now. Is that better? Very Happy I can make it less ugly later... Razz
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:42 am

Rebsingh wrote:
PhazonDragon wrote:Perhaps there could be a 'quick log in'? Like the login button still takes you to the log in page, but on each page of avatops, there's also a small Quick Log In link that will open up the javascript window, allowing you to log in without leaving that page?
Check out the home page now. Is that better? :D I can make it less ugly later... :P
Ooh... I don't know if you did anything, but I can log on now via the window on Safari. That's odd, but I'm not complaining.

Assuming that I can't use the java log in, yes, a text link to the original log in page is nice. Even if it's just text. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just make it so that members can log in from any computer, any browser.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:47 am

PhazonDragon wrote:
Rebsingh wrote:
Check out the home page now. Is that better? Very Happy I can make it less ugly later... Razz
Ooh... I don't know if you did anything, but I can log on now via the window on Safari. That's odd, but I'm not complaining.

Assuming that I can't use the java log in, yes, a text link to the original log in page is nice. Even if it's just text. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just make it so that members can log in from any computer, any browser.

...oops. Try now. XD I messed it up. Razz It wasn't supposed to POP out like that XD
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Reb, you know I tried this out yesterday, but I can't log in using the window today. I log in, and it says I can refresh the page, but that brings me back to the page I was. The only way I can log in now, is going via the register link, to the login link, and then refresh the page. Please do something, this really is annoying. And yes, I'm using FF.

DarkNymfa

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I was able to log in using FF just fine. Perhaps you need to upgrade your version of FF?
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm

ignite444 wrote:I was able to log in using FF just fine. Perhaps you need to upgrade your version of FF?
I get it upgraded every time it says there is a new upgrade, and I used it to log in yesterday too, but it worked then.

DarkNymfa

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:31 pm

That's just plain weird.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I know Rebs was playing with the code... Perhaps he made a few changes that are making it hard to log in on FF? Though I just checked on my FF, and I can log in fine.

Rebs, I don't know what you did, but I can't see the text that links to the log in page anymore... I liked it on the front. It made it easier for members to find and use in the event that the java isn't working for whatever reason.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:19 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:I know Rebs was playing with the code... Perhaps he made a few changes that are making it hard to log in on FF? Though I just checked on my FF, and I can log in fine.

Rebs, I don't know what you did, but I can't see the text that links to the log in page anymore... I liked it on the front. It made it easier for members to find and use in the event that the java isn't working for whatever reason.
Oh I think I deleted the tags... I'll go ahead and add it again. Nymfa, it would help if you told me what page you are logging in from. Smile I tested it out on all pages with chrome, if you can tell me the page, I can check it out. I tested it with firefox also. I did the same with IE and Safari. idk about opera lol. OH... It's being retarded on firefox! :O :O I need to fix this..... D: Fixed and tested in all 4 browsers. Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

You may see that the explore map has had a cool feature done to it! Very Happy If you hover over a nation, a little box pops up and moves with your cursor telling you what nation it is. Tell me if there are any bugs! And yes, this is javascript, and tested it in all browsers.... it doesn't seem to be working in safari atm :/ I can try to fix it in a bit... maybe during winter break Smile
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 am

Thank you Reb, both things are working, and I like them.

DarkNymfa

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 pm

I like it that there is a 'proceed' button in the login pop-up now, it's very useful ^^
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down