Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spent all day coding this... yay or nay?

5 posters

Go down

Spent all day coding this... yay or nay? Empty Spent all day coding this... yay or nay?

Post  Rebsingh Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Should creature view pages on zoos be like this?
http://www.avadopts.com/park/test.php
Clicking on the creature will make a little window popup in-browser. You may click the creature again in the little popup to view the actual external view page.

The ones that are on that zoo are "Internal" and the ones that you give to others and stuff are "External". Yes or no? I've been wanting to do this for a while and just cracked the code on it... woot. (Alpha creatures in the box won't open a popup box, they'll open the external view page.)
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Spent all day coding this... yay or nay? Empty Re: Spent all day coding this... yay or nay?

Post  DragonTamerChris Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I like that, it looks a lot neater and you don't have to load a whole new page if you want to look at someone's creature more in depth. (Lol I couldn't think of a better phrase. x3)
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Spent all day coding this... yay or nay? Empty Re: Spent all day coding this... yay or nay?

Post  Ninpok Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:25 pm

like said in the chat:
I love it. Though there have to be an oOff-Button(how you already mentioned, for people dont having java running).
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 pm

The box itself doesn't look very pleasing to the eyes, but that's not the point. I wouldn't mind this if it was implemented or not. I guess I would like it, especially if it wouldn't interfere with leveling up via the level-up button. But to be honest, I don't look at the view page often, even for my own creatures. -shrugs- I don't have a real opinion on it, I guess.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:30 pm

If people want this, I'll be adding a feature that people can use to turn on/off this feature. If people don't have javascript enabled, a message would appear saying they need to activate it and I can put a External View Page link on the zoo pages as well.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  user560 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:08 am

I really like it but if you level the creature up it opens a new window, so maybe that could stay in the same box ? xd
user560
user560

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am

user560 wrote:I really like it but if you level the creature up it opens a new window, so maybe that could stay in the same box ? xd
This I wouldn't do because many people use snaplinks and stuff to open all the levelup links at once. That wouldn't work if they ALL opened up in that little box...
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, if there was a level up button in that box, then people clicked on it, you could level up the creature from in the box. You wouldn't use snaplinks to click on that. I use snaplinks for running down the side of the zoo, getting all the level buttons, not leveling up from the window.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninpok Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:19 am

no, the leveling shoukd stay like it is now. Otherwise earning gold would be very hard. and would take too much time(for me)..
Ninpok
Ninpok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

This will be implemented as soon as possible. I will be adding an account settings option to tell if you want it enabled or disabled for yourself. It won't be like if you disable it, it will only be disabled for your zoo. XD
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down