Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 am

OK, as you can see, there has been some staff team changes, first, I'll say the usergroups. (This all came to when Rebsingh, 6uzie6, and I were talking about how to organize our staff better)

First, the irc chat mod has been deleted. There still is the irc chat mod just, it's in the actual irc chat.

New usergroups:
Advisors-They can view the staff team boards and help make decisions. Also, it is more likely they would become the next mod rather then a regular member.
Site Discussion Moderators- Moderate the site discussion forum.
General Discussion Moderators- Moderate the general discussion forum.
User interaction moderators (Yes, no more role play moderators)- Moderate the user interaction forum.
Global moderators- Moderate all of Avadopts forums.

Normal members/staff changed around in their staff positions.

New Advisors: - This group can use as many people as it can. You may still apply for this.
user560
6uzie6
phazondragon
thistle

Site Discussion Moderators: - This group needs 1-2 more mods.
Mineya

General Discussion Moderators: - This group needs 2-3 more mods.
None yet

User Interaction Moderators: - This group needs one more mod.
KonyukiSpirt

Global Moderators: - This group is in need of NO new mods.
Ignite444
DragonTamerChris (me)

Now for the application part:

You may apply to be a Staff Discussion, or a General Discussion Moderator.
To apply, you post here answering these questions:

1. Username:
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too:
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator:
4. How active you can be:


Copy and paste form:
Code:

[b]1. Username:[/b]
[b]2. Usergroup you would like to apply too:[/b]
[b]3. The reason you think you should be a moderator:[/b]
[b]4. How active you can be:[/b]

Please make all applications replies to this topic, if you get in to the staff team, we will pm you.

Thank you for reading this incredibly long post detailing about the staff changes/moderator applications.

Note: These applications will run until December 12th.

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  miggyrox789 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 am

1.Username: miggyrox789 (You can call me Miggy for the record ;o)

2. Usergroup you would like to apply too:General Discussion Moderators

3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: BECAUSE I'M EPIC!/slapped
I've always thought of myself as being an organized person, and I have fun on forums. I would love to help, as I love making a difference and fixing things that need to be fixed. I tend to keep a sharp eye on things, and I love to help people who need it.

4. How active you can be: I come on to check things as of now, and I get on the computer a lot. The only thing that may interfere is my idiotic family, as they may kick me off or do something else retarded, just because they know it makes me mad. But nonetheless, I usually find a way on. If I am made a moderator, I will try even harder to make my way on.

So...Yeah.
avatar
miggyrox789

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 20
Location : Harleysville, PA~

View user profile http://www.glowaithe.myadopts.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  bluebell_rose on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 am


1. Username:bluebell_rose
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Advisor
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I've been a member of the staff almost since day 1 as one of the irc staff. I've been handling site relations with other sites such as Yarolds and Utopia
4. How active you can be: Uh I login to hound my dynasty members daily? Plenty active



bluebell_rose

Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  TheDarkCynder on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 am

Hmm.

1. Username: TheDarkCynder
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: General Discussion
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I have expirence in moderation, such as when I was staff at the Dragon Cave Fansite's chatroom, I have lots of expirence with chats and forums. I am a member of many forums (Dragon Cave, Avadopts, Dark Spyro, Minecraft, Squirrel Board, Florida Ratlist, Goosemoose, Transformice...) and have either an unknown status, or a well-developed one.
4. How active you can be: I am on nearly every day, and on weekends and during breaks nearly 24/7. The only time I might not be here for awhile is this summer, when I am going to a few countries in Europe. I have already been to China and some other places within the U.S.A., so I am used to culture and religion differences within people.


_________________
What are you still doing here?!


New forum- http://forums.avadopts.com/index.php? Arrow


Thanks,
TheDarkCynder
avatar
TheDarkCynder
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 21
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Magickoi on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 am

1. Username: Magickoi
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Site discussion moderator
3.The reason you think you should be a moderator: I go on site discussion frequently, whether I'm logged in or not just to lurk and check stuff happening. I have a little experience with moderating (mostly from watching other mods), and I'd like to try and handle it myself.
4. How active you can be: Now that my computer is totally fixed, (I hate you microsoft D:<) everyday probably.

_________________
If you see an edit in this color, it was probably me.

Come join us on the IRC sometime!!! Lots of awesome people, chat with fellow avadopts members!! :'D

avatar
Magickoi

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-11-13
Location : Home.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  ChuChu on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:09 am

1. Username: ChuChu
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: General Discussion Moderator
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I'll admit that I haven't been on Avadopts and the forums very long, but I do have a bit of experience. I was a mod on an MMO. Granted, it was pretty small so nothing much happened but we did get the occasional spammer and such. I also tend to cruise through archives on GPX+ so I've seen how mods handle different situations as well. But like there's strengths, there's weaknesses and one of my greatest weak points is probably the fact that I tend forget things easily.
4. How active you can be: I'm usually on everyday, but grades are coming out soon (*cough*thisweek*cough*) and I still have several school assignments to start on do so I might be a little less active than usual. Other than that though, I'm pretty active.
avatar
ChuChu

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 am

bluebell_rose wrote:
1. Username:bluebell_rose
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Advisor
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I've been a member of the staff almost since day 1 as one of the irc staff. I've been handling site relations with other sites such as Yarolds and Utopia
4. How active you can be: Uh I login to hound my dynasty members daily? Plenty active




Wait no never mind.

Rebs edited my post. x3


Last edited by DragonTamerChris on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Satyr76 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:51 am

1. Username:Satyr76
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: General Discussion Moderator
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: Although I am not a member of many forums, I frequent in general discussion areas. I can tell the difference between a debate and an argument, and I can resolve problems quickly. Although I have a bit of a temper, I am able to keep it under control. I have a good grasp on forum rules, as I have never been warned on any forum that I have been on. I would love to help out with keeping the forums in order, as I have been known to make peace between people easily. I am also responsible, and wouldn't procrastinate on anything that needed to be done on the forums.
4. How active you can be: I can get on about two hours a day on weekdays, and indefinitely on weekends. If my computer got a virus, etc., I would leave a notice of my absence.

avatar
Satyr76

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  lordofseas on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 am

1. Username: Lordofseas
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Site Discussion Moderator
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I believe I would be an excellent moderator as I am able to be fair and just. I am able to be neutral, and help give advice and/or help to users when requested. I am a member of a few forums, such as TV.com, the Avatar Refuge, WoTmania, ReadAndFindOut.com, Gateworld, and Dragon Cave. I was a chat moderator at WoTmania before it closed down. I believe that my positive reception at all of these sites gives me the experience to moderate at Avadopts.
4. How active you can be: I am able to be active many nights, including Saturday and Sunday.
avatar
lordofseas

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-09-14
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  grayson1314 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm


1. Username: grayson1314
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Global Mod
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I like keeping rules and I`m good at it[
4. How active you can be: I`m on once a day

grayson1314

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  kaerlighed on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 pm

1. Username: kaerlighed
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too:Interaction Moderator
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I am good with following rules, and I can make sure others follow them as well. I love roleplaying, games and fanfiction so I would like to be able to make sure people follow the rules and not abuse them.
4. How active you can be: I can be on most every day. I will warn in advance If i do become silent so you will know.

_________________
*~*~* Zoo *~*~*~ Scroll *~*~*

Interactive mod kaerlighed here, If you have any questions, need help, or anything, feel free to PM me. Smile You can also look me up on the forum chat, I am there a lot, and I mean, a. lot. Very Happy


There be a contest up now. Up to Feb 5th to sign in. Feb 14th to write. Have fun!

*~*~* My Books *~*~*
avatar
kaerlighed
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-11-17
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere out there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 am

O_o Well, I'm back to my first job! 8'D

Good luck guys. :3

_________________
I fight to save, but do I save to fight? My deviantArt x] Feedback appreciated! 8'D

I'VE GOT MY OWN LITTLE BATHROOM STALL! WEEEDOODEEEDOOO~ 8'D
avatar
KonayukiSpirit
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : In your kitchen, stealing your cookies. Hurhurhur.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  ignite444 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 am

Only one person applied for Global Mod? O.o

_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 27
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Wait a minute, Rebs, people aren't supposed to apply to be a global mod. Isn't a global mod supposed to be given to moderators who do really good with moderating? D:

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  lordofseas on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:11 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:Wait a minute, Rebs, people aren't supposed to apply to be a global mod. Isn't a global mod supposed to be given to moderators who do really good with moderating? D:

Well, you posted "This group is in need for 1 more mod." for Global Mods.
avatar
lordofseas

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-09-14
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Rebsingh on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:23 pm

lordofseas wrote:
DragonTamerChris wrote:Wait a minute, Rebs, people aren't supposed to apply to be a global mod. Isn't a global mod supposed to be given to moderators who do really good with moderating? D:

Well, you posted "This group is in need for 1 more mod." for Global Mods.
I actually edited his post saying that.

DTC, 2 globals for the whole forum might not be enough. 1 more would be perfect. We just need someone that can make it. Wink

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I think 2 global mods is good right now, I go on here like 20 times every day. (Literally)
We don't want to have way too many staff members or normal members might get intimidated which we wouldn't want to happen but it's your choice. o3o

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Rebsingh on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:I think 2 global mods is good right now, I go on here like 20 times every day. (Literally)
We don't want to have way too many staff members or normal members might get intimidated which we wouldn't want to happen but it's your choice. o3o
I see your point. Point taken. Apps for global mod will now be ignored. Smile

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  ignite444 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:09 pm

When the site grows more and we get more forum members, then we can get more Global Mods.

_________________





avatar
ignite444
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 27
Location : Home of the free, or what used to be.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Rebsingh on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 pm

ignite444 wrote:When the site grows more and we get more forum members, then we can get more Global Mods.
True that. XD

And also, I changed the view links.

http://www.avadopts.com/creature/#### XD Happy? I can change it to view/ or whatever is comfortable with everyone. is creature/ ok? or would you like something else?

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm

I like it Rebs. ^^

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  grayson1314 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Am I going to be a Global Mod Rebs?

grayson1314

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  DragonTamerChris on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

grayson1314 wrote:Am I going to be a Global Mod Rebs?

No, because we will not be accepting Global Mod applicants.

You will know if you make it into the team around December 12th-15th.

_________________
Badgermole day is coming in a few months!



Signature under construction...
avatar
DragonTamerChris
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 526
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 19
Location : LOLZERS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Rebsingh on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 pm

grayson1314 wrote:Am I going to be a Global Mod Rebs?
Please do not ask such questions in public or in private, just wait. Global Moderator is out of the run so you can apply for something else.

_________________
Admin, Owner, and Developer of Avadopts.

~Rebsingh

6zuzie6 wrote:Yami: Pizza poopers, have you or your parents made them Rebsingh?
avatar
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2010-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Destroying Toes

View user profile http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  zaevia on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm

1. Username: Zaevia
2. Usergroup you would like to apply too: Site Mod
3. The reason you think you should be a moderator: I'm on this site like all the time, and I've always wanted to try my hand at moderating. The way I see it, moderating can't be harder than keeping a class of 22 ten years in check (which I do as a student teacher).
4. How active you can be: I'm on this site everyday for the majority of the day. The only time I'm not on is when I'm in one of my college classes/sleeping. I'm even on a bit while I'm teaching.
avatar
zaevia

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 26
Location : Ba Sing Se

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Team Changes/Moderator Applications

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum