Winged wolves, selfmade creature

Go down

Winged wolves, selfmade creature

Post  DarkNymfa on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I just had inspiration, and the airtemples could use all creatures they get.
Winged Wolves are like Winged Lemurs. They are white, with a brown pattern on their face and back.
Winged Wolves are very playfull, and form loyal companions to everyone that want to do good.
I will be trying to sprite them myself.
Note: They are named Winged Wolves, but they can't fly. They use their wings (which aren't devolped big) only if they fall of some tower or rock, to make injuries less worse.
Sketch:

DarkNymfa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winged wolves, selfmade creature

Post  PhazonDragon on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Where are the wings? Are those the wings on it's legs? Because in that case, they hardly look like they would slow a creature from falling. I do like the concept though. And I assume this is an air nation creature...

Your sketch is... confusing. And anatomically awkward. I can make out the pose that it is in, but it has a number of anatomical issues that need to be worked out. The positioning of the legs puts it off balance. The far left leg is too far over, it's not physically possible. The near right leg seems to be held at an awkward angle next to the body, while I assume you wanted it to be out, in front of the body, like the other foreleg. The left foreleg I think you have down fairly well, though the shoulder is a bit off... Not to mention that the neck and head of the wolf are in an interesting position... That doesn't feel natural. I could attempt redlines with my mouse, if you would like?
PhazonDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 pm

PhazonDragon wrote:Where are the wings? Are those the wings on it's legs? Because in that case, they hardly look like they would slow a creature from falling. I do like the concept though. And I assume this is an air nation creature...

Your sketch is... confusing. And anatomically awkward. I can make out the pose that it is in, but it has a number of anatomical issues that need to be worked out. The positioning of the legs puts it off balance. The far left leg is too far over, it's not physically possible. The near right leg seems to be held at an awkward angle next to the body, while I assume you wanted it to be out, in front of the body, like the other foreleg. The left foreleg I think you have down fairly well, though the shoulder is a bit off... Not to mention that the neck and head of the wolf are in an interesting position... That doesn't feel natural. I could attempt redlines with my mouse, if you would like?
Please do, and yes, they have small wings, but they won't fall off that easy, or else they would fall in the snow, so it doesn't really has that much use. And yes it is a air creature.

DarkNymfa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am

Okay. I'll try a bit a redlines tomorrow, when I have a bit of time on my hands (I technically should be studying for physics now... but anyway), and I still think the wings could be a bit longer, otherwise they seem unnecessary on the creature, and would hardly help at all if it were to fall (on the off chance). But I'll show you what I mean with my redline. Yeah... i think that's it.
PhazonDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 am

I think I will try sketching this animal on paper somewhere this week. I want his wings to be longer, at the same size (relatively) to the wings of the Winged Lemur, so he could fly. I will try a nicer and better working position then.

DarkNymfa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 pm

I attempted redlines, but they're a pain with a mouse... On sketches anyway. Pixels are different... But anyway. I'll spare your eyes from my awful attempt. I'd love to see your other sketches though. -nods-
PhazonDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkNymfa on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Properly winged. Please forgive the edges of the paper, I have drawn so much that most of my white paper is gone. :p

DarkNymfa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PhazonDragon on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Ooo. I love that pose. I think you've got the anatomy down much better here. The hide legs looks a bit off--I think the far one (his right) should be positioned a bit differently so as to look like it's holding up the weight of the body... Right now, it looks like the hind legs are oddly placed, and aren't holding up the weight of the body that much. The far leg might have to go farther back to do so. And the tail looks a bit odd in that position, though I really like it there. It might be the way it connects to the body that makes it seem odd.
PhazonDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonAshley on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:27 pm

the place where the wings are remind me of the wolfbats
DemonAshley

View user profile http://demonashley.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content