Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page Description/Text blob contest

+3
ignite444
DragonTamerChris
Rebsingh
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Page Description/Text blob contest

Post  goldenshibby Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Hm. Ya know, I was really bored and this seemed like a way I could take part in the forums. Well, here's mine.

You are roused from your sleep by not your alarm clock, but a... man, holding in his hand a glowing object that oddly reminds you of fire. He seems to be mounted on a amphibious creature that resembles a dragon. Surely man cannot harness the infinite power of fire itself! And surely dragons do not exist! But in the world of Avadopts, one can not only wield fire, but also water, earth, or air. And the dragon is only one of countless magestic beasts that live there.

"So, exactly where am I?" you ask with a bewildered tone.
The man replies, "You are in a sacred and magical land that maintains harmonic balance within the four nations:
Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. This is a place full of creatures unbeknownst to the outer world. This is the world of Avatar."

This is obviously a dream. You slap yourself, but no, the man continues.
"This is a place of new opportunity. However, you must first select a new name for yourself and an alliegance.
You can select one of four alliegances, corresponding to each of the nations. Each alliegance receives different
creatures. For fire, a fierce and magnanimous Dragon. Water, a sleek, alacritous Otter Bear. Air, an intelligent,
vociferous Sky Bison. Earth, an energetic and enduring Badgermole. You can only choose one and once, so don't
choose one you're likely to abandon."

You quickly decide the nation that seems to fit you best. Now what?
"Now you must show off all the glory and grace your beautiful creatures emenate. Build your zoo, spread the word,
befriend more creatures from the nations, gain levels and money, and become the best there is, was, and is to come."

This is your everlasting mission here in Avadopts.

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Page Description/Text blob contest

Post  Rebsingh Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 am

shibby, I like yours A LOT.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://avadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:48 pm

*Reads shibby's* Hm, for some reason, it doesn't catch my interest that much.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty :o

Post  goldenshibby Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:45 pm

D:

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenshibby Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Well I think it's uber prawh. Very Happy you know, instead of saying that, you could give me reasons why it doesnt. :/

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:30 am

oyea, yours doesn't describe the site too well... I'd like to fuse ignite/DTC together with the paragraph of Goldens that talks about the starter creatures....
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty :O

Post  goldenshibby Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:26 pm

well, that may be true, but magistreams doesnt exactly describe every button on the site either.

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsingh Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 pm

goldenshibby wrote:well, that may be true, but magistreams doesnt exactly describe every button on the site either.
Not every button, but just a basic overview of the site but descriptive and about the black market just a bit and yea, yours is almost there.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ignite444 Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 am

Why should everything be described? Let some of it be a mystery to people. Mysteries usually drag me into a site.
ignite444
ignite444

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty Mhm.

Post  goldenshibby Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I completely agree with ignite. i know a bit of human psychology. I promise you if you put details, most people wont even read em.

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  snowfirez Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 am

Hey, i editted mine!
i dont know if its 'legal' or not (to have multiple entries) but i suddenly have a few great ideas to add in...
and better still it does not seem like ignite's anymore cheers
(i got a feeling people think i copied his ideas Sad )

ORIGINAL:
snowfirez wrote:
You accidently stumbled across a beautiful, estranged world which was obviously divided for some reason. After further inspection, you then realized that it was divided according to the four elements, fire, air, water and earth. While exploring this alienated place, you found out that it was inhabited by many unusual, magnificent creatures, each creature distinctly representing a particular element. You could also see many colourful, oddly shaped eggs lying about the place.

Somehow it occurred to you that you should share this wonderful discovery with the rest of the world. After pondering for some time, you decided to build a zoo to house these magnificent creatures for the world to see. Before you begin, you have to register your zoo but which element should you represent? Would it be the fiery fire nation alongside a majestic dragon? Or would you rather represent one of the serene air temples with a wise, gentle sky bison? Or does the incredible, agile otterbear appeal to you to represent one of the water tribes? Or do you prefer representing the mighty earth kingdom flanked by a robust badgermole? If you're already a zookeeper, login to enter your zoo and view your creatures.

Once you’ve start your zoo, it’s time to get busy! There are mysterious places to explore, quests to accomplish, creatures to collect and gold pieces to earn. You also found a secluded island where ruthless pirates, rumoured to own many weird and exotic items dwell. Itching to own your very own rare creatures? Visit the pirates at the black market and they may be willing to part with their wares for a reasonable price or you could try your luck in getting a cheap bargain at the trading post. What are you waiting for? Expand your zoo and show off your creatures to the world! If you need help in quests or just feeling bored waiting for your creatures to grow, visit the forum for useful tips and news.

EDITTED:
You accidently stumbled across a beautiful, estranged world which you never knew existed and you noticed that it was obviously divided for some reason. After further inspection, you then realized that it was divided according to the four elements, fire, air, water and earth. While traversing through this alienated place, you found out that it was inhabited by many unusual, magnificent creatures, each creature distinctly representing a particular element. You could also see many colourful, oddly shaped eggs lying about the place. Strange enough, most of the eggs seemed to be uncared for and they somehow looked... abandoned?

You decided to explore this world further to get to know more about it. Suddenly, you came upon a stone pedestal with strange carvings, and on it stood four eggs. You could feel a strong energy pulsing from the pedestal, pulling you towards it. You walked towards the pedestal to study the worn-out carvings but you did not know what all those strange symbols meant. When you touched the carvings, you suddenly felt weak and visions started flashing before your eyes. In that vision you saw four mystical creatures, each one evidently representing one of the four elements, standing around the pedestal and before your eyes, they transformed into four different coloured eggs with different characteristics. As sudden as it started, the vision ended and you find yourself standing exactly where you stood before you had the vision. It was then you understood that whoever found this sacred pedestal would have the chance to pick one of the eggs and raise the creature in it. So which would you choose?

Would you rather be bonded to the fiery fire nation alongside a majestic dragon? Or being bonded to one of the serene air temples with a wise, gentle sky bison sounds better? Or does the incredible, agile otterbear appeal to you to be bonded with the water tribes? Or do you prefer being bonded to the mighty earth kingdom flanked by a robust badgermole? Be warned that once an egg is chosen, you are immediately bonded to their respective elements forever, bound to live in the world of Avadopts. Whatever your choice, be sure to choose wisely.

After deciding on which egg to pick, you remembered about the neglected eggs you saw along the way. You then decided to built a sanctuary and adopt those eggs and raise whatever creature growing in it. But of course running a zoo in a foreign world is no easy task! There are still many mysterious places to explore, various quests to accomplish, countless creatures to adopt and plenty of gold pieces to earn. No doubt you have to have plenty of patience and preserverence to succeed.

During one of your exploration trips, you even found a secluded island where ruthless pirates, rumoured to own many weird and exotic items dwell. What's more, they occasionally have rare eggs in their possession! Itching to adopt all the rare creatures? Visit the pirates at the black market and they may be willing to part with their wares for a reasonable price or you could try your luck in getting a cheap bargain at the trading post. If you are having trouble with quests or just feeling bored while waiting for your creature to grow, you can always visit the forum for cool tips and the latest news or you could just drop by for a chat at the IRC.

sorry if there're any spelling mistakes or wrong sentence structures
i typed it directly here in the forum instead of in m.word like the previous one (which i copied and pasted here lol)
its kinda long cause i got kinda carried away lol
i got a lot more to describe but i think its long enough already
its ok if mine does not get chosen (i know Rebs has his heart and ignitte/DTC's)
i did this for fun anyway (partially because i wanna get away from my books!) Very Happy
snowfirez
snowfirez

Back to top Go down

Front Page Description/Text blob contest - Page 2 Empty Nice!

Post  goldenshibby Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 pm

It's nice, but you should keep everything in present tense. 2nd person isnt used in past tense often and makes your writing seem unorthodox. Just thought I would mention that.

goldenshibby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2