Avadopts Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

+2
KonayukiSpirit
Mineya
6 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 11 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  Mineya Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 am

Raizo rubbed Seze's neck to calm her; she was only looking out for him. His scrutinizing gaze lingered on Ren before reluctantly turning to focus on the angry merchant boy.

"Look, I'm sorry about your tent," he said. "We just needed shelter from the hail. As soon as it stops, we'll be out of your way." He reached into the pack hanging from a long, thin strap slung across his chest, and withdrew a coin purse. "In the meantime, can I make it up to you by purchasing something from your family's wares?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ] - Page 11 Empty Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  Cattious Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Toka sighed. Then, she started bleeding, her face got cut by hail. She sniffled a little, but smiled as her hand came out out with a baby hawk. She sheilded it from the hail with her other hand.
Cattious
Cattious

http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Hiro looked at the bad of coins and his eyes grew wide. Right then he knew that this guy had to be from the royal family, so he took a step back and bowed his head, "Oh don't worry about it at all, we are willing to share our shelter from this storm with anyone of royalty. No need to buy from us if you do not wish to."

Kaori got sick to her stomach and angry. She never liked people who were wealthy because of the fact pretty much all of them were stuck up and spoiled. They never worried about families like her own and only thought of themselves. It took all she had in her to keep from tackling Hiro and pushing the people back into the storm, but she managed to keep her anger hidden. She simply, and quietly, stroked the Eel Hounds neck and shush her to keep her from having a snack out of her older brother.
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

http://narutorplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Raizo's face flushed bright red, and he sighed, taking a few silver pieces out of the purse before sliding it back into his bag. "Really, I insist. It's only fair."

He looked around to see what this particular merchant family was offering, and then he noticed the family's sign, hanging at the back of the tent above several crates full of fruit (someone in their family must be a Firebender, for them to be able to grow produce in the winter). It was the same emblem that had been on the back of the message that arrived at the palace this morning by hawk. And that must be the hawk in question, high on a little perch safe from the hail, sleepily eyeing the newcomers with less than riveted interest. Well, that was some strange providence, at least...

"Do you have peanuts?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Toka stared at raizo and sighed. Kiki was still cooing over the chick.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Ren was pulled into the tarp extension quite suddenly. He quickly warmed himself with a flick of a finger on his clothes, feeling a pair of eyes on him. He turned to see Raizo staring at him, like he wasn't human. Then he attended to the vendors who he stole the room from.

"I didn't know you were a Firebender." The words bounced in his head. No one had ever been interested in what he could do, besides stealing. He nodded his head almost shyly.

Shi still stayed in the basket, wondering when she could go home. She didn't want to go--she'd rather stall her time, play it out before she was dragged unwillingly back home. Then she noticed a thin red line on Toka's face. She hadn't noticed the baby bird.

"What happened to your face?" she asked.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:14 pm

"Hail." Toka replied. Kiki set the chick back in the basket.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:09 pm

"Oh." Shi relaxed. "Has it stopped bleeding?" she asked. Leaning against the wall of the basket, she looked Toka and Kiki over once more. It didn't seem to bother them that they were both homeless by now, and she knew that Kiki hadn't told her sister about agreeing to live with her.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Kiki Whispered something in toka's ear. "Really?"Toka said to kiki. Kiki Whispered in Toka's ear again. "No. But, Kiki said something about coming to live with you? Wow..."
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Shi smiled. "Yes, I offered her a life under a roof with enough food, and training to entertain guests," she replied. "If you want to live with us, you may say so."
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Hiro shot a look at another worker and they immediately moved a couple crates around and opened one that was hidden behind a bunch of fruit crates. He pulled out peanuts and handed them to Hiro, who held them up to Raizo. Kaori just stood there and watched her older brother act the way he did towards someone who was obviously from royalty. She knew on the inside he was jumping for joy to actually have him spend his 'royal money' at the market. She rolled her eyes and looked back at the Eel hound.

"Is there anything else I can do for you? Anything at all, I'll be happy to." Hiro was trying his best not to seem immature and desperate for his money.
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Raizo sighed again, quietly beneath his breath; he disliked being treated this way simply because he was royalty. Unlike Ursula, who believed that all forms of adulation and praise were owed to her at any point in time, Raizo preferred to deserve it in a way that was real. Trouble was, princes telling other people not to suck up to them so much tended to confuse them more than anything.

"No, thank you. This will be fine." He paid for the peanuts, and added a nice tip on top of that. "For letting us use your tent," he explained. "As soon as the hail ends, we'll be out of the way, I promise."

Seze snuffled, and curled her tail alongside her body.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Ren began to chuckle at how Hiro was doing his best to please Raizo. His gaze swept over to Kaori, who doesn't seem to infatuated with the prince, but was rather a fan of the eel hound. He found it... strange. Even the thief respected the prince, but she had rolled her eyes at her brother and went on to look at the eel hound. Ren looked around him and found that he was huddled next to the eel hound's foreleg. Looking at the girl again, he felt Jie twist around a little in his arms. His hair was still sopping wet, and Jie didn't seem to be dry, either.

Just then, he heard Raizo talk and smirked. He seemed to try and take all the respect in. Just then, he felt something whack his arm and realized it was the eel hound's tail wrapping around herself. He shuffled forward, glaring at the huge creature.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

"Well, I guess we are comeing with you.." Toka said.
Cattious
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Shi smiled. "Okay. But we'll have to wait until the Prince delivers us to my house," she said. "I don't mind being away, personally," she muttered to herself as she glared at a small spot in the basket. After a minute, she returned to her normal state.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Hiro smiled and bowed a bit as a thank you for the tip. "It's no problem at all. You can stay as long as you need to." He quickly placed the coins in his little empty pouch he used to hold his daily earnings. He jumped a bit when the Eel hound moved, then stood tall again to not seem like a coward. "If I may ask, what brings you to this part of the nation?"

Kaori still believed that she was unseen and simply hidden. She really did take a fascination to the creature and wanted to learn more about it, but now was not the time. She had no permission to even pet the Eel hound, much less to inspect it and learn it's muscle structure and movements, so she just stood where she was and studied it's face and chest.
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Seze was watching the girl, between protective glances in Raizo's direction; she lived in a fairly serene environment most of the time, after all, and wasn't used to so much commotion or attention from people she wasn't familiar with. She wasn't aggressive, as long as everyone minded their manners, but if Raizo had any problem with these people, then she would, too.

"Well..." Raizo hesitated, glancing back at the others, not sure how much he wanted to reveal to this stranger. "I'm taking the girls home, is all. Coming down the mountain on foot would have been dangerous in the rain, so we took my eel hound, Seze."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Shi raised herself a little higher to see what Raizo was doing. She caught sight of Hiro and Kaori, then ducked down again. Jie started to squeal at the two strangers, like he did back at the hospital, puzzling Ren. He tried everything he could to calm the bear down, but he kept squealing.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 pm

"Seze." Kaori whispered quietly, stroking her on the neck. She was startled at the sound of another creature's squeal and jumped more into vision of the others, she wanted to know what it was so she stepped closer to where the sound came from and she saw a young Platypus Bear cub. She laughed a bit, but realized that these were for sure the people she saw in front of the hospital the night before. Cautiously, she backed up, then stood next to her brother, glaring at them. Why were they in front of the hospital like that?

Hiro looked at his sister and shot her a mean look then whispered, "Stop glaring like that, you're going to chase them off."

Last edited by Rosalie_Jade on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Ren glared back at the girl. He hadn't done nothing wrong--it was Jie. He whispered sternly into the cub's ear and the cub fell silent, but still faced the girl, nose twitching. He still had no idea why Jie was making such a commotion. He only did that when he met strangers again, or something. Strange little bear, he thought and he, too, backed up, his eyes still glaring at the girl.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Raizo was surprised; he hadn't paid much notice to the girl, until she was suddenly facing him with a very unpleasant look on her face. "Is there a problem?" he asked uncertainly, and the question was directed at the girl, not her brother.
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalie_Jade Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Kaori glared more when Raizo asked a question and was about to smart off when her brother pushed her back behind him and spoke up, "Ignore her, please. She has serious issues. I'm sure a nice pounding by her brother will straiten her out." Hiro glared at her as he said his last sentence quietly, hoping only she would hear it. She just simply turned her eyes to him and glared back, "You know I can hurt you way before you have a chance to lay a hand on me!" Pushing his arm down and away from her, she turned her attention back to the Platypus bear cub. She stopped glaring, and instead made a little squealing sound that she had picked up when she saw other of the kind communicating. She guessed it was a sign of friendship, considering the happy playing they did once exchanging the sounds and a small head tilt. Again, she let out a small squeal and tilted her head very slightly, her only purpose in greeting the Platypus bear cub was to make sure it wouldn't attempt to attack her if she and Hiro began fighting.

Last edited by Rosalie_Jade on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Rosalie_Jade
Rosalie_Jade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 pm

"All right..." Raizo said, skeptical. Was she squeaking at the platypus bear cub? He turned his attention back to the young man, briefly, figuring that now would be a good time to retreat back to the people with whom he at least felt moderately comfortable. "I'm going to go back to my friends now. Just -- let me know if there's any trouble."

He returned to Seze's side, rubbing her broad throat affectionately. Her skin was feeling a bit cold; he felt bad for sticking her out in the middle of a hailstorm with nothing to keep her warm. He was about to try and get a flame going with his fingers to heat her up a bit, when he remembered just who else with them was a Firebender. Looking over at Ren for a long moment, Raizo moved over, glancing once at the girl who was still apparently trying to talk to Jie, and leaned in to say quietly, "Can you give me a hand over here?"
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Jie pricked his ears and squealed back. Ren looked surprised and loosened his grip on the cub, but that was a bad mistake. He jumped out and landed clumsily on the wet, slippery ground, then made his way to Kaori, squealing a little as he sniffed her legs.

"Can you give me a hand over here?" Raizo had asked. Ren turned and nodded.

"Sure, what is it?" he asked.
KonayukiSpirit
KonayukiSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 pm

"I need to warm Seze up a bit," Raizo answered, keeping his eyes on Ren carefully. "But she's so big, I could use a hand. And since you've been hiding some fairly impressive firebending ability, I figure you could help me out."
Mineya
Mineya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next