Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Year of the Dragon [ Second Gen ]

Post  Cattious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:18 am

Kiki closed her eyes for a secont, and then said "Last thing I saw, is a note saying my parents got murdered. I am not going to an orphanage.." In a dazed, then stern voice
Cattious

View user profile http://cattious.st.123

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:26 am

Shi was rather puzzled. When did they say they were going to an orphanage? She shrugged. "At least she snapped out of that... Daze," she muttered to herself. Then, to the girl, "You're not going to an orphanage. You can come with me and work under a landlord who will feed you. All he requires is obedience. There's a boy a little older than you, and I think he'll be able to give you some pointers on how to behave... You'll have nice clothes, but I'm not sure Master is going to allow that lemur... We already have one, and it's because Yan is a favorite of the landlord and his mistress." She explained all this in one breath, and had to pause for several minutes. "Of course, you can learn how to dance under me, too, and make friends... Wear silk, make-up... Um, uh... And you'll be graceful, nimble..."

Shi never mentioned anything of the punishments, in hope that the girl would follow her home and become a dutiful servant of the landlord, instead of lying on the street, half-starved. She shuddered at the thought when the word "half-dead" entered her mind. A child so young couldn't die! No way! If there was a way to prevent it, then Shi wouldn't let a young child die. She waited for the girl's response.

I'VE GOT MY OWN LITTLE BATHROOM STALL! WEEEDOODEEEDOOO~ 8'D
KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 am

"Hey, Kia can stay out here, I trained her. I just the get kinda scared alot."Kiki said.
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 am

Shi smiled in relief. "So you are willing to live at the landlord's? I'm not sure you will like it, but it'll beat starving out here, right? That boy, the one in the rags, is a thief with a platypus bear cub, and he's thin, too. He hardly steals enough to get by... At least, that's what I think. If you were to stay out here, I don't believe he'd take you in..." Shi faltered in her words and paused, trying to find the right sentence. "So if you want to find a different path, then this is your last chance to back out," she finally said, removing her hand from the girl's shoulder.

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 am

"I guess I'll go with you." She cheerfully said.
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 am

Shi smiled. "Okay, first, let's introduce ourselves," she said. "I'm Shi. Just plain, ol' head dancer Shi. Eighteen years old." A depressing thought just hit her. Eighteen years old. I was supposed to be married off two years ago... I don't like any of those idiotic boys, and I know they only like what I splash on my face! She pouted for a second, but wiped it off with a smile. "What about you?" He's probably going to have a new suitor ready today... Probably a servant boy.

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 am

"My name is kiki, I used to be a singer, still am. I am 9 years old."
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:53 am

"Singer, eh?" Shi said and rubbed her chin, thinking quickly. "Okay," she said, reaching a decision. "Sing one song for me, and we'll see if the landlord will allow you to be a singer. He's only had a few in the past years, I think. Never heard them, though." She grinned. "Maybe I can come up with moves to dance with your songs."

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cattious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

"Oh, the fire's burning, the air is rising, it is that kind of day. Animals whining, sun is shining, no rain in sight. Oh, its a parrowless flight, through the night, on the haloween night. Lemurs flying, bears fighting, it is a grand old day!" Kiki sung in perfect pitch.
She took a deep breath. She had hit the high notes, but needed some work.
"Eh?" Kiki said.
Kiki then said "Kia?" Kia jumped on her sholder. She repeted her song, as the lemur danced. It was sort of cute, but her voice was sort of high.
Cattious

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Surprised to say the least when Ren jumped up, Raizo followed him again, feeling that significantly bewildered sensation washing over him again. It was hard not to be acutely aware of the fact that these young people had much more trouble, more problems in life to worry about than he did. He just floated around, what, his huge palace? With his family who loved him? While out here, there was... poverty, and tragedy, and punishment and death --

He stopped Ren just in time for them both to observe the interaction between the two girls outside. He managed to catch Shi admitting herself to be eighteen, which confirmed his suspicions, and then the little girl started singing; she wasn't half bad.

More than anything, it was Shi's explanation of her household that interested Raizo. It wasn't terribly hard to read between the lines of what she had to say... He remained quiet, and glanced over at Ren to silently indicate that he should stay put, just in case they managed to catch anything else of interest.

。・:*:・°User Interaction Moderator at heart°・:*:・。
Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Shi was quite suprised. This girl, KiKi, wasn't bad at all. She grinned. "I think he'll like you. Your voice is perfect, and maybe he'll hire a singer to train you," she said. It would be fun to work with this girl. "Master likes kids with talents, and he'll be sure to have you sing for him a lot," she added. She had no idea that the two boys were eavesdropping. Actually, she could care less. It would be a one in a billion chance that the prince would come, and probably a half in a billion that that boy would visit, too. She examined the lemur Kiki called Kia.

"Hm... We could probably smuggle her in. Or something... Hey, are you dizzy or anything? In good condition?" Shi asked nervously. "If you get tired or something, you can tell me. I'll carry you or something," she said.

Ren nodded at Raizo and listened with him. So the dancer girl-Shi, was eighteen. Two years older than him. Weird, besides styealing, he had never interacted with someone older than him. Maybe it was because of those memories? Maybe it was an influence of his past? He shrugged a few times, loosening his stiff muscles, which he just realized.

"She has a rather interesting household," Ren muttered. "It's like she's almost pushing the girl into shelter. This woman is so weird."

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:23 pm

"She has compassion," Raizo answered quietly. "But do you hear the way she talks about her master? How he values obedience and talent; why do you think she was trying to steal from you before?"

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Ren stared at Raizo. "Maybe she's not telling more than she knows," he said. "That boy, he works for the same master, too, right? But he doesn't seem too troubled. Probably bitter." Compassion, eh? he thought as he continued looking at the two.

Last edited by KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:40 pm

"She said something about him being the favorite of the landlord and mistress." But he hadn't been very kind to Shi either, even if they didn't seem to bear each other true animosity. It was just the way that the boy had been so rough and brash, until his lemur was in danger. Raizo was beginning to feel confident in his suspicions that whatever life was like in that household, it probably wasn't all that healthy.

He spoke up, loud enough for all of them to hear, before he realized he'd actually made the decision. "You should all come home with me tonight."

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Both Ren and Shi looked at Raizo. Ren was bewildered again. Go home with the prince? Could this day get any crazier? And he was a thief! A lowly thief who stole from others, solitary except for his platypus bear! He could care less for a prince and his magnificent palace--or so, that's what went through his mind.

"What--Won't... Won't they mind? The Fire Lord and Fire Lady? And your guards? What about the Princess?" Ren gushed.

The words were sinking into Shi. Go home with the prince? Someone as weird as her? She couldn't! She had to return home, see if she was to be married off again, or provide shelter for the girl. Maybe even put up with Yan again.

The landlord was furious. Utterly furious. He didn't take it out on Yan, of course.

"Where's that damned girl!" he shouted. "Making us wait! Yan! I want you to go after her and bring her back by the ear!" he spat at the boy, dressed in pale green clothes of Ba Sing Se. His hat was red, though.

"Yes, sir," Yan replied dutifully. Quickly, he darted outside, Fei flying after him. "Stupid Shi," he muttered under his breath. First, he went to the closed tea shop, then to the ally. The basket was still there. "Fei, sniff them out," Yan ordered.

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:07 pm

"They won't mind," Raizo answered, and it was true, mostly. His father would be angry with him mostly for going out alone in the first place. His mother probably wouldn't be able to bring herself to care either way, as long as they weren't a nuisance. Ursula would find the whole situation hilarious. And the guards would do what they were told, either way.

"Look, it's the middle of winter, it's going to be freezing in a little while, and you still have to figure out this whole situation. Please, let me offer my hospitality for tonight, and tomorrow everything will work itself out."

Besides all that, though -- Ren was the first friend he'd made in the city in a long time, and the girls had certainly made it an interesting day for him. He felt he owed them something.

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Ren nodded. "Welll, yeah..." he said, voice fading. "Sure... But Jie and I--we always have no problems when it gets this time of year." He scratched the back of his head. "But if you insist... I'll let them play with Jie for a while, I guess." He chuckled.

Shi shrugged. "Er, okay," she said. She was pretty anxious for when the time comes to return to the landlord. "I'll repay you and them, somehow. Like... er... Dance?" She glanced at the girl.

Miraculously, after several failed attempts, Yan and Fei saw two silhouettes outside the hospital, two inside. He thought it was a useless search, but at least there were people. He went towards them

"Hey, have you seen a girl about eightee-" There she was, with the Prince, with the thief and a strange little girl.

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Raizo smiled slightly. "It's really not necessary for you to do anything, any of you, unless you really want to. Just make sure that Jie and that little lemur don't get into any trouble, please."

He heard the new voice, then, and looked around -- it was the boy from earlier. Oh, dear.

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Ren grinned. "Jie's been getting lazy lately. He wouldn't do much harm," he reassured the prince. Then there was a slightly familiar voice and he saw the boy from that alley. He frowned. "Not him again..."

Shi snapped her head to face Yan. "So I'm found out," she said, sighing. "Well, okay then."

"He told me to drag you back by the ear," Yan replied, smirking. Fei flew in a circle above his head. He couldn't see Raizo's face very well, so he couldn't see if he was the prince or not. He did see his scarf on the dancer, though. "Where did you get that? He's sure to blow his top."

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Well, that sounded about right. So Shi was likely to get into trouble with her master after all. There was no reason for that. Especially since that man apparently let his servants go out into Fire Nation winter wearing little more than silk and satin. He rubbed his head; if necessary, he'd get a little more involved. He'd already completely given up all pretense of disguise, after all...

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 pm

"Just shut up, Yan," Shi replied crisply. "Maybe I should stick you somewhere and not come back until the week is over," she threatened. Yan laughed, like an innocent child, easily changing his face to that of a child's playfulness.

"I was just kidding," he said lightly and smiled. Shi was disgusted. "Come one, let's go. I think I saw another one today when I left for you. His name's..." He was trying to remember the name of the suitor. "I think it was Tal." He smiled again.

"Well, tell them I'm not going back--at least, not today." Shi shrugged.

"That boy's good with his face," Ren observed. He saw Raizo was about to stop them. What could he do? Yank him down? He tapped his shoulder. "Let's see if she's really going to go, then we can intervene."

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Raizo nodded in agreement, about the boy's control over his emotions; it was a little strange to see something like that in someone so young. He looked over when Ren tapped his shoulder, and nodded again, willing to wait. "I just don't want there to be any trouble. If her master is going to complain, I can do something about that."

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Ren put on a face. "Of course. After all, you are the Prince Raizo," he said and watched the two again.

"Then what am I going to say to the fat ogre?" Yan growled, putting on his annoyed face again. "That I let you go out of your way meeting little kids and taking clothing from strangers?" Shi snorted.

"Not a stranger. And I'm not meeting kids, I'm helping her," she said indignantly. "Just make up a lie about something. Like I got kidnapped, or I fell in a hole, or I'm meeting someone in secret and swear to dump all my bad luck on the landlord--anything. I'll get whipped either way," she whispered to the boy. She glanced at the girl, hoping she hadn't heard.

Yan shrugged. "If you insist. Not sure if you'll come back after the excuse I'm going to use."

"Which one is it? That I'm running away to Ba Sing Se to see my long-lost family I barely remember?" she said sarcastically. "Or is it the one where I wanted to go to the circus and perform?" She felt justified at seeing Yan's face darken. "Well, whichever it is, I'll be coming back. I have to, anyway. He'd hunt me down for no absolute reason--that person has too much pride to let me run away."

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mineya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Raizo nudged Ren with his elbow, just to be absolutely sure the other boy was hearing this.

Mineya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KonayukiSpirit on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Ren nudged Raizo back. "These two are putting up a show," he joked. "Just wished there were some steamed bun to eat right now."

Yan shrugged again. "Well, that's true. And what about the mistress and the chef? They'll be talking to you when you return, you know." Shi flapped her hand at him.

"Name one time where I didn't have to talk with them," she hissed. "Try this, get that, get this, try that," she muttered. "That's all they tell me to do." Yan chuckled.

"Okay, I'll be off, then. Can't miss tonight's dinner: good ol' broccoli soup with a dish of roasted duck with lemons," Yan said and began to turn away. Fei landed on Shi's shoulder momentarily to tap her head lightly as a farewell.

KonayukiSpirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top